NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are you doing now?

casper

Had a nice pieceful day. Spent the morning pottering about and then went to my sisters this afternoon.Charlie is sitting with me on the back of the chair. He is saying kiss kiss and making kissey noises and cleaning his feet.

Today is Sunday. I went for a one-hour walk with my son earlier this morning. Then came home to do chores. Popped outside this afternoon to run the lawn mower over the leaves that are scattered about the yard when it started snowing. Stuck with it (like an idiot - I'm sure the neighbors were amused to see me out mowing the lawn in the snow) as long as possible before giving up as I no longer could tell where I'd "mowed". Cleaned Klaus' cage really well and fixed him some oatmeal. Now I'm waiting for hubby to put dinner on ... I'll collapse in front of the TV after dinner!

Hope you all are having a great day!

We have a lovely inch of snow here...doesn't seem like it's going to stick though.

I am having a marvelous Sunday. My breeder, Millie called me at 8:30 AM to tell me that my baby grey will be available 11/29 as she did the final formula feeding for the "lil brats" last night. They only want to fly around and not eat formula when they get out of their cage so that is that for them, Millie says. Hooray!!! She will wait 2 weeks before offering them out to new parents to make sure they are all eating well. Their diets are vegetables and fruits first in the AM then pellets. They have had everything and eat everything Millie says from pomegranates and mango to zucchini and carrot tops, she wants them to experience everything so none of her buyers will have any problems with their babies. I just luv Millie she is so patient and loving to her fids. Anyway that is what I am doing getting ready for my grey this fine Sunday. I have to remove most of all the toys and stuff I put in the cage because Millie says I can't overwhelm my new baby and to take it slow but to give lots of luv and cuddle time because that is want she has done to socialize her fids for their new parents. Millie has also been clipping their toenails so they will be use to it. I will also be getting Millie's recipe for birdie bread in my adoption packet which she makes for all the new parents. Of all four I get first pick, meaning I will be the first parent that the new babies will have to pick from. Hope one luvs me back!!!

Well it Monday today :( so back to work ! I only work 10-00am to 2-00pm but it seems like all day ! I will then come home spend a peaceful hour with George and then my son gets home so peace shattered. I will then clean out George's cage get evening meal ready and try to relax before starting all over again tomorrow .

Laurie,

That made me laugh about mowing the lawn!

Do you still have snow or was it just a quick shower?

Janet, I bet you are so excited? It wont be long now until your new baby is home with you.Millie sounds like such a lovely person who only has the birds interest at heart.

11.40am here, and the weather is pretty miserable today! Its raining just for a change and pretty cool.

Nothing much planned for today, just got the boys out who are playing away, they love it when the kids are at school all the attention is on them.

Have a great Monday everyone, hope no one has Monday blues!

Caroline.

Well I have monday blues, I am on a late shift so in work 2-9.30pm. Just been shopping early and cleaned cages and had lunch before I leave for work. Charlie has got into the habit of sitting by me while I am on the lap top so thats quite nice.Weather is horrible,wet and cold.

Stopping in this am for a quick update on everyones day. It's 29 here, sunny, but cold. I am letting the birds have their usual morning time after breakfast to chat up a storm, then I will take a shower, get the cages ready, and put them back in while I go to work. Will get home around 3, then off to take my daughter to her riding lesson that leaves us gone for about 4 1/2 hours until tonight around 9pm. Poor birdies, they only will get out this afternoon for about and hour and a half.....:(

It's almost 10:30AM and, right now, I'm drinking hot cocoa and watching television. That's all I've done today, so far! lol

I'm going to go to the library in a few to return some bird books.

Plus, I need to read part of "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky for school....so that's what I'll be doing later.

Other than that...my dad is up in the air! :whistle:

Well, it's 6:30 am here at work and thinking of putting my Grey Dayo in charge of Marketing. Revenue coming in has decreased and maybe if I can train Dayo to tuck his leg up and hop on the other with a tin cup, we will pick up some additional revenue. ;-)

My Hat is off to Jen with the Idea of making your Grey a Key player in your business. :-)

I am looking at the sun shining so pretty now after we had a couple of inches of snow this morning early, was very surprised but delighted, was 29 here on my way to work.

Wish I was at home with my birdies but I did bring the little squirt, Sunny with me yesterday and she sat on my shoulder most of the day while I tapped away on the computer.

Hi everyone,

I cant believe you guys have had snow already!

The weather has been quite nice here today, we even managed to get some sunshine which makes a lovely change! 9pm here and just settled the flock and got the kids to bed, its my peaceful time of the day.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your day. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Caroline

Well had a bad day today but had happy news at the same time the email about sparky our beloved african grey my son as people say around here where we stay,he is going to be on E4 on December the 3rd so we are looking forward to that,we also got and invite to go on celebrity ding dong with him but i said no thanks,and we even got to go on with the chef of all time Gordon Ramsay tv show but also declined to they wanted him to be on to as himself and me cooking into a web cam but no way folks,it is not that I can,t cook I can but that is not the point cooking with your grey watching and shouting and swearing that,s what they want and no means no here,so that was my day so far.Had to go out and went up town with my neighbour to do a bit of shopping as she takes me up and brings me back home safely and sound it was alright but glad to back home again,so just getting ready to go to bed now it is late about 12.25 here.

Betsyboop-

LMAO Gordon Ramsay can very well cook....but I swear that he will die of a heart attack by the age of 50!!!

You can see his blood pressure rising on every episode! His face will get all red, and the veins will start to pop out, and then the smoke blowing out of his ears follows!

I have Darcy (CAG) at work today. He's sitting up on his travel cage playing with the toys I made him last night. He's been a good boy. Only bit one lady who put her finger in his mouth. Fortunately she owned a grey before and didn't react to the bite :-).

Fighting a migraine headache, cleaning my house,doing more laundry,grocery shopping, having company again this weekend, so trying to get everything done beforehand. Now I'm getting ready to cook dinner, then I think I will put in a dvd and watch another episode of 24, my new favorite show! Then pass out to sleep!!

Jeez, after reading this, I really have a boring life....:S