NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are you doing now?

casper

Hi everyone,

I thought we could start this thread so we could all keep in touch and talk in general!

Tell everyone what you have done today! Do you have any plans for the evening? You get my drift? Just a great way for us all to keep in touch with each other and get to know each other a bit more!

Hope you enjoy!

Caroline:)

Well, just hard a normal day today! Cleaning/washing etc!

At the moment just sat with the boys out making a mess for me to clean up later! Im sure they think Ive nothing better to do!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday, I look forward to speaking to some of you later.

Caroline:)

Hi everyone. I'm at work, been here for about an hour now -- after work I am going to a local parrot rescue (http://www.parrotsr4ever.org/) called PARS, and work with a female eclectus named Georgia. She is so sweet. I haven't seen her in two weeks. She has definately claimed me, but I'm getting her to open up to other folks. She only talks to me and so far has said her name, hello, pretty lady, step up, and laughed. She likes to sit on my shoulder and give me kisses. Puts her head under my chin. So sweet.

Poppy, I just went to the doc about my asthma -- I wish there was something that can just make it go away. Good luck with your checkup.

I am cleaning up the house, having weekend company. ;)

Then in the shower and off to work until tonight, then have big plans! :woohoo: :woohoo:

This is a great idea Carolyn! I love to hear about others and what they are doing with their days.

Karma for you!!!:cheer:

Actually, let me add to my post.....I'm FRUSTRATED with the tech dept here.......:evil: :evil: :evil: I have asked for them to build my HOMEADE TOYS & PLAYSTAND ROOM, why is it taking soooooo long.............:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So I am sulking here today as well!!!! :angry:<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/11/14 16:23

Good idea Caroline. I got in to work at 6.15 am and had a coffee, well got to get my priorities right.We had a fire in work the other morning so we were all standing in the cold for about 2 hours and then it was all to the canteen till the smoke had been cleared up a bit.It was just a bin off the ovens that had gone on fire but the smoke was unbelievable. For those who dont know I am a fork lift truck driver in a biscuit factory. I could still smell the smoke today a bit.I have just had dinner and I am chilling out for a bit. charlie and Cracker are out and for a change they are being very good and just clambering round their cages.

You had an early start Sheila! Bet you are tired!

Just managed to put the birds away for the day, I let them stay up a bit later at the weekend as they will sleep in a bit in the morning.

Nice vodka and coke and a couple of hours on my laptop!

Bliss!

Hope everyone is looking forward to their weekend, has anyone any exciting plans?

Caroline.

Hi everyone- I'm so glad it is Friday, I really need to try to catch up on some sleep. Working 8 hour days in addition to feeding baby birds, trying to keep my house from becoming the next natural disaster area, keeping up with Lyric and my two dogs...it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I do love it but I also could use a extra couple hours of sleep so I'm hoping for that tomorrow. I may have to fit it in as a nap though! It is cold here and getting colder by the minute. Supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow and then back to the 60's on Sunday. Typical weather in the midwest. I'm so not ready for wintertime, I really hate being cold.

Anyway, hope everyone out there reading this is enjoying their weekend and getting a little time for themselves. Now I have to feed the grey babies before I can go to bed!

Talon wrote:

Actually, let me add to my post.....I'm FRUSTRATED with the tech dept here.......:evil: :evil: :evil: I have asked for them to build my HOMEADE TOYS & PLAYSTAND ROOM, why is it taking soooooo long.............:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

So I am sulking here today as well!!!! :angry:<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/11/14 16:23

{Feel-good-0002006E}

my fault :D

due to personal reasons I wasn't able to log in here for almost a whole week.

well, i have been to the beach (sea rather since where i go there is no beach) and have spotted my fishies again which made me very happy and that's it. have no further plans.

Talon wrote:

Actually, let me add to my post.....I'm FRUSTRATED with the tech dept here.......:evil: :evil: :evil: I have asked for them to build my HOMEADE TOYS & PLAYSTAND ROOM, why is it taking soooooo long<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2008/11/14 16:23

Ahem, also other things that haven't happened in a month now....... ;-)

Got home last night, all the critters greeted with great fanfare and of course wife. Life is good now and will be until I go back to work Monday....Then the grind begins again.

The one nice thing I have while off-site at work, is this Forum and the enjoyment it begins in the doldrums of a fast paced tech company just trying to survive the downturn and keep most employees employed.

450 am here in presently dark California, little chilly, but warming to the mid 70s. BIG fires in southern Cali and I really feel for all those that have lost their homes and those that are watching the fires race towards theirs hoping they are spared.

Managed to re arrange the bird room yesterday and re decorated too. I now have a jungle/safari them in the room and I think I pulled it off pretty good:)

Tonight I am going to an antiques auction and hope to find a few good deals. If the weather permits that is. They are talking snow this afternoon:( And snow for the next 2 days:( I'm so not ready for that.{Holidays-000200B2}

My Brother in law came this morning and put up some new light fittings in the living room for me.Well, realised one of the shades was missing so I had to go back to the shop.I was not pleased. I got the shade no problem, just the inconveniance. I am pleased with them though.MY friend came round with her little boy with a cake he had made for me. A little iced fairy cake which he promptly ate himself but he did want to give the birds some so they must be in his good books.He is so sweet.

Charlie got me up nice and early this morning! I laid in bed listening to him whistling away and shouting "Charlie of the Marley boy!" I dont know where he gets some of this from but he is so funny.

Got a lot of household chores done and just finished scrubbing all the cages out, this saves me a job in the morning.

Going to order the boys some new toys next and food supplies, also going to treat them to one of the Cargo nets.

My husband is out on his bike and the kids are at friends, a lovely day on my own with the birds.

The weather is not bad at all today, a bit cool but at least its not raining.

Have a great Sunday everyone:)

Caroline.

I slept in this morning as I usually do on the weekends and had a visit from my daughter and her son who usually come on the weekends and grandson was hungry as he always is so granny gave him a snack.

I sit down with the Sunday paper and read the news and go over the ads for this week at the stores.

Not doing much today, just relaxing and spending some time here as I usually do, I can't stay away it seems.

Its still windy here today and cooler but its nice on the inside, will play with my birdies:kiss: