NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What are you doing now?

casper

• 4 years later...

I'm watching the news to see how direct or indirect a hit the Carolinas are going to take with Hurricane Dorian.  :(

I'm thankful I don't live directly on the coast (I'm 60 miles inland), but that probable-path 'cone' definitely shows my area most likely to be hit pretty hard. 

And we're already receiving a heavy downpour today from a different northern front rain, so the ground is going to already be over-saturated when and where Dorian does hit -- which always means trees uproot more easily in the winds. 

So, I guess I am just worrying right now.  My generator is ready (for my freezer), gas cans full, water and non-perishables were purchased last week, solar powered lights and powerpacks for usb items (like iphone) are charged.  I wish this system could give us a miss after we suffered enough during Hurricane Florence just last year.  And I feel guilty for worrying about my own storm prep when I think of the system nearly stalled over the poor Bahamas right now, doing who knows what major damage there.  :(

• Like 1

Just sitting here on my computer watching the weather along the east coast and thinking how lucky we are here.

I live in north east Ohio and when it comes to weather and work it`s said that we are the beat location in the nation.

We get about 10 ft of snow in the winter but I can live with that. We are in the north east Ohio snow belt, but we get less than Erie Pa. and Buffalo N.Y. 

366.jpg.986ada206bb6af6f48260528621c1a99.jpg478.jpg.adad476042d80012197af67160965b45.jpg480.jpg.695372ae15e7d33a54445e56e2e691de.jpg492.jpg.96ecc86f4c5e7d5eef2d0f732993faec.jpg481.jpg.3f625c0eed9c5ced7b9ee03adbd629fa.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Timbersmom said:

Stay safe! I can't imagine what they are going to find in the Bahamas when they can get it. I feel so sorry for the people there.

Thanks -- I hope we'll stay safe too!

Re: Bahamas: Yeah, and we don't really have any data yet since the Bahamas are still being pounded and dealing with severe flooding inland.   :(

I wish this thing could go on back out to sea, but I think the Carolinas (where I am) are in for a hit. 

• Like 2