NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show Us Your Cage!

Talon

I have recently kitted out Archies cage with alot of new toys i orderd of the internet and i was wondering if its to much as it seems a bit crowded now , considering when we got him he only had 1 toy in there and he ignores most of these

6880095394_df08c72a50_z.jpg

Edited by xSarahx

• 3 months later...
Welcome to our newest room!

Let's talk about finding our birds the best housing possible.

Pictures welcomed, so post a picture of your cage or aviary.

Here's Rikki's cage:

005.jpg

Hi Talon, I really like Rikki's cage could you tell me what it's called? I'm still looking for Casper and think he would love the extra space. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

20120814_214025.jpg20120814_213941.jpg

This is my Senegal Evie's. She's going to be joined by a new flock mate soon. We're getting a congo at the end of the month. Part of the reason I looking at this thread is to scope out what people are buying these days. I've finally come to a conclusion on what some of the bigger features I'm looking for in a cage.

1. External feeders: I have an older California Cage with the attachments that place the crocks partially outside of the cage so that less debris or droppings can fall in it. I really want this feature in the cage for the Congo. You can see them in the second picture.

2. externally visible screw heads: the look of it drives me nuts.

Any suggestions? 90 percent of the cages offer use the flat flip out door that puts the dishes fully in the cage. I was hoping to get roughly a 30x40 foot print. Thanks.

Edited by FirstPenguin

Someone had a cage and ordered a special feeding station to go with it. Hopefully someone else can remember the name of it. There is the tidy seed feeding system. I don't use it but did consider getting it.

This is my Senegal Evie's. She's going to be joined by a new flock mate soon. We're getting a congo at the end of the month. Part of the reason I looking at this thread is to scope out what people are buying these days. I've finally come to a conclusion on what some of the bigger features I'm looking for in a cage.

1. External feeders: I have an older California Cage with the attachments that place the crocks partially outside of the cage so that less debris or droppings can fall in it. I really want this feature in the cage for the Congo. You can see them in the second picture.

2. externally visible screw heads: the look of it drives me nuts.

Any suggestions? 90 percent of the cages offer use the flat flip out door that puts the dishes fully in the cage. I was hoping to get roughly a 30x40 foot print. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Averi's Stuff

Day cage-

averisstuff003.jpg

Night cage-

averisstuff006.jpg

Backup cage-

averisstuff007.jpg

Play stands-

averisstuff001.jpg

averisstuff002.jpg

averisstuff005.jpg

Tent to play outdoors-

averisstuff004.jpg

Hi just looking and notice u have a night cage.. does your ag have this in your bedroom or something sorry if this is a stupid question im just curious :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am currently looking for a bigger cage for Bandit...I have gone thought the whole thread on cages and there are some great ideas on here!! Thanks! I was wondering though...with the timnehs do they do ok with 3/4" bar spacing or is it to big?

I put Bandit in one when she was young and it didn't go well. She was playing and some how got her wing caught in the horizontal bars. (No injuries I was home to go to the rescue!). This very well could have been my fault as she was young and the toy may have been to close to the side of the cage...any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Well, Timber has finally made the move into the larger cage I had for him. I'm so happy to get him out of the rust bucket he was so attached to! He seems OK with it, though not thrilled. I'm not much of a photographer and he had a recent bath and is preening, but here's a pic...

Timber cage.jpg