NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show Us Your Cage!

Talon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alfie's cage is a bit of a mad playground! Bear in mind that she get out for lots of wing stretching excercise - her cage is crowded to keep her occupied while we're out!!

littlecage.jpg

CIMG4587little.jpg

CIMG4585little.jpg

She loves her bunk and usually goes to bed with no trouble. We just recovered it this week and she doesn't look twice.

Well, she's in her bed at the minute, so I'll get a photo of it tomorrow, she does love it tho. David made it out of some sort of board and we just recover it every so often with upholstery fabric. He made it big enough so she can turn around in it without rubbing her tail on the sides. She drags toys up there and wrestles with them!

• 3 weeks later...

If my Abby has slept on her swing for years and years and years( her whole life basically ) and I want to switch her to a sleeping box/tube or what ever you want to call it should I just take her swing out and put that in and she will figure it out or how should I go about this!!!!!????!!!??!?!?!?!?!?

Ana Grey has a sleeping tent in her cage, always has. She slept in it when she was younger but now very seldom goes in it. She prefers to sleep on her cement perch which is on the backside of her cage up high. I believe they will sleep where they are most personally comfortable.

Ooh sorry! I forgot about posting a better pic of her bed!!

She's in it now again - just got an early bedtime for biting my ear!! I'll get it tom!

JR - you don't want to take her comfy perch out till you know she'll take to the bunk - in fact no need to take it out at all. Just be sure the bunk doesn't frighten her to start with. Alfie loves her's and sleeps in it even though some of her perches are higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Alfies bed.

It's a bit rough around the edges, but we re-cover it every so often, and I left like a "curtain" at the back and shreded it, which she likes to play with and hang off.

bed.jpg

bed2.jpg

For the chains that are hanging it up, and bolts holding it together, we recycled other birdy thing so the materials are safe.

She does love her bed and is always still in it when we uncover her in the morning!

Yes Penny, David made it. In the first place, because when Alfie started to chew her tail, it was suggested to us it may have been because of the birdie bunk she had! She couldn't turn round in it without her tail touching the sides, so we made a bigger one! She took to it instantly!

Talon wrote:

WOW! I would love to ave one for my birds. IS there a way David would explain what it is made out of....:huh:

Lol - David says he will make one for you - mates rates!! Postage would probly be a killer though!!

The first one we made was with the slats off a pine bed. This one is with a type of plastic board that we had leftover after kitting out a Tattoo Studio recently. It's that hygenic stuff that just wipes clean - can't think what it's called. The sides and floor are covered independantly of each other. Then the sides are attached to the bottom with L shaped wall brackets.

Hope that makes sense!

The next time we re-cover it I'll try and remember to take pics.