NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show Us Your Cage!

Talon

• 4 weeks later...

hi this is jacks cage until i saw the cages in this forum i thought it was big :) but jack is able to flap his wings in it and i am saving my very big cage money for my next target greenwing macaw ;)

by the way the reason jack doesnt have any toys because he is afraid of them

jack3.jpg

Edited by JackTheTurkishGrey

animalINSPIRED i really love all your cages, and the tent is great! and i love your wooden playstands, we want to make one similar but abit smaller, was it hard to make?

JackTheTurkishGrey i love your cage, awww Macaws our beautiful birds :D

its a shame jacks afraid of toys, or is it because he hasnt got used to them in his cage,

i like the perches its good for them to have a varity of different woods,thickness, and materials, and i like the top of cage with the food and water pots.

Edited by Coral&Andrew

hi jack doesnt have any toys because he is afraid of them

Lucky you, Jack is one of the timid types LOL But don't give up. It's important to find ways to keep him active & mentally challenged. Whenever he's out with you, try teaching him to play with common things like paper napkins, straws, bits of string or ribbon or paper, spoons, coffee filters, buttons, popsicle sticks, little twigs from safe wood. Some baby toys might get a good response. When you find something he'll interact with, put it into his cage when you return him. Eventually you could fill a food cup with little foot toys for him. He may do better starting with little foot toys if he finds the bigger hanging toys scary. Hopefully, you'll be able to fill his nice new cage with fun stuff pretty soon.

• 3 months later...

Hi rEsage, I got the cage from http://www.petsolutions.com/storefront/bird/pet-bird/cages-carriers/medium-cages-cockatiels-conures-doves/ez-care-playtop-bird-cage-for-medium-birds/prodEZCarePlaytopBirdCageforMediumBirds.html. I totally love this cage for my birds as the whole front section opens for easy cleaning. I have two such cages now and another on the way for my new baby CAG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We got Gilbert's new cage yesterday. His is on the left, Java is on the right. I am still cleaning up, moving the power strip now that he will be able to climb all over. Java is a lot smaller, but she thinks she is big bird and I couldn't very well get a smaller cage for Gilbert. I am working on moving the little porch shelves and perches as I see how he gets around and where he prefers to play.

side by side.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my cage for my eagerly awaited CAG. Obviously it's sparse and needs some toys yet. Has a few perches, opening perch top, front "porch" over the door, and 3 bowl locations.

photo.jpg

Here's his Travel cage:

photo2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I'm replacing the white plastic perch with a nicer, hopefully more robust, wooden one.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been very happy with our Caitec travel cage. However, our first cage broke after a few years because we always hung her toys on the door. Now we only hang toys on the back panel. Because we have a hawks' nest in our yard, our CAG-friend, Katie, spends all of her outdoor time with the family in her travel cage. We even put the cage on a float in our swimming pool and she joins in the fun! I like the plastic perch because the ridges seem to help her keep her grip when the cage is bumped and when the car stops suddenly.

Haven't bought my Grey yet but started looking up cages. My husband and I like this one:

Haiti%20Montana.jpg

Montana seems to have good reputation and reviews. Couldn't find a photo with a parrot inside but I have seen this cage in person and it is quite spacious.

Total Width (with seed catcher) - 86cm (34”)

Width of Cage (without seed catcher) - 66cm (26”)

Total Depth (without seed catcher) - 56cm (22”)

Total Height (with stand) - 161cm (63.5”)

What do you think? Is it suitable?

Edited by Popsicle

So here's the second cage I purchased lol. I wanted one a little larger for my TAG, but like the first one I purchased, they all have 1" spacing in the larger sizes. She will be coming home this week or next so I already put a lot of her toys in and all of her perches. I hope she likes it! I also added two bowls on the bottom of the cage which was recommended to me for when she's still young.

Let me know what you think! Is the set up too cluttered? I will be adding a few more toys she has with her now at the store.

015.jpg

Love it! It looks perfect! If she is young, I would put a soft towel on the bottom just in case. I have a 5 year old tag that has night terrors sometimes, and falls and thrashes at night, the towel helps cushion that.