NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show Us Your Cage!

Talon

Hi Rally.no - It's safer to keep your parrot in a cage. There are far too many dangers out there for a parrot that is just wandering around (electrical cords etc). What happens when you are not at home - is the parrot left to his own devices then too? Welcome anyway, please go and introduce yourself in our Welcome Room - we'd love to hear more about the two of you.

We have 5 dogs as well as the 3 birds, so there's no way any of the birds are out of their cages unsupervised, at any time. Even if I have to leave for a few minutes, to run to the store, in the cages they go. There are too many potential dangers for them to get in to.

• 4 weeks later...

This is Oscar's cage so far..we don't have him yet but decorated it for fun.

NOTE: we know that when he comes home all those toys will not be in the cage, they will each be introduced to him one at a time separately every few days or so. We don't want to overwhelm him with the new environment and toys all at once.

photo-2_0..jpg

photo_0..jpg

photo..jpg

photo 2..jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I have a question. My husband and I are getting our sweet angel in 2 weeks. I feel the cage she is coming with is too small so we purchased a used one online. It is missing the two small doors that swing out so you can put the food and water in the bowls. and I dont feel like the lock is safe enough for when we are not at home. I have looked online for hours to find replacement parts. Does anyone know where I can find those pieces?

Edited by Brogers7684

This is Oscar's cage so far..we don't have him yet but decorated it for fun.

NOTE: we know that when he comes home all those toys will not be in the cage, they will each be introduced to him one at a time separately every few days or so. We don't want to overwhelm him with the new environment and toys all at once.

I have the very same cage for my timneh. It's nice, but she uses it in my bedroom as a sleep cage. Spoiled, I know..:)

This is Phenix' cage. The top opens & I liked the style. All horizontal bars make it great for climbing, cleaning & setting up. The only draw back is that the black shows up the dander.

I got it on Ebay & that was the only color they had. But we're really happy with it.

PC040301.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it is a stainless steel cage. I got it off of craigslist about a year ago. It came with sees guards and a play top but he wont use the playtop, he just climbs down, and the seed guards take up to much room and they have sharp edges. Babalu seems to like it, although he does not ever go to the bottom of the cage. I have tried putting boxes down on the grate, with no luck. He sleeps on either the shelf or the sandy perch. (sandy perch was one of the best purchases ever, his beak use to be uneven when I got him, then I put the sandy perch in the cage and he fixed himself right up). Plus the cage is easy to clean and very good looking.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm liking the idea of the tent for outside. We spend so much time sitting outside and the only way Diego can join us is in his cage. I feel guilty leaving him in there just so he can be near to us so am thinking of ways he can have more space but able to join us. Is the tent pretty safe? Diego is an Amazon parrot who loves to climb, do you think it would rip if Diego tried to climb the netting?

thanks animalinspired, I'm thinking this may not be too good for Diego. He's a bit of an acrobat and loves to climb and hang off things showing off in front of mummy and daddy LOL. He's also a chewer, so I can just see him having a go at it. Even with his playstand in there I can imagine he would be more interested in finding a way of getting out to come and sit with us. :)

• 2 weeks later...