NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

TOOT YOUR OWN HORN aka BRAG THREAD

Luvparrots

I think we need a Brag Thread to announce any great or marvelous or just interesting things that happen in our lives so here goes........

So many times our young people are only noted or remembered when they do something wrong according to our adult world. So when a young person does a heroic thing they should be noted for it.

I am going to brag about my 19 year-old grandson and his two friends.

On February 9th Anthony and his two friends, Nicole (19) and Marissa (20), saved a life. As they were hiking at Dougan Falls in Skamania County, Washington, they found a cross-country skier who had been badly beaten. They had no cell service so they hiked to the nearest home and got the owner to call authorities.

The 52 year-old man was beaten for his vehicle and left for dead. Authorities say that if my grandson and his two friends had not found the beaten skier and gotten help he would have died. The skier was hypothermic after laying on the frigid ground for almost five hours. It had just started to snow when paramedics arrived. After three days in the hospital, the skier, Mr. Tracey, was able to help an artist prepare sketches of the assailants but they are still at large with his vehicle. Mr. Tracey knows how lucky he was as Anthony and his friends normally do not take that particular route when hiking. Just fate that they went that way that day.

I am so proud of the grandson I raised! Anthony is an Eagle Scout, plays the French Horn and has played in Korea with his college orchestra, and he makes computers for himself and his friends. He is an avid computer gamer.

The newspaper and tv stations called Anthony a hero, I call him my grandson.

• Haha 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wowww, this guy is alive just becuase of fate of your grandson being at the right place and right time. What a lil hero you have there. He's not media shell shocked is he? LOL..God led him there. Tell him we all said Kudos to him and a pat on the back. Thanx for sharing that w/us.

Now I will share a story about my nephew. His name is Jason, he is 23 and a 911 operator and first responder. He was at work as a 911 operator one night, and he took a call from a frantic woman who's 2 year old daughter had been found laying in their pool unconscious. No one in the house knew how to co CPR, but he managed to calm her, and talk her husband through doing CPR on the little girl until the Ambulance arrived, the father had resuscitated her and saved her life! Jason was awarded a medal from the Town and we are all very proud of him! HE replies with the following: "just another day at work." BUt inside, I know he was proud that he saved this little girls life. B)

Wow, great stories of life saving heroics! We haven't saved any lives, but I am proud of my son's last report card (all A's and one B, 3.67 GPA). I'm also proud of us both because last week we had MCREST week at our church which is a program to help homeless people. We are new to the church, and so new to MCREST as well. We helped on Tuesday night and Friday night both to serve a hot dinner to 60 homeless men. Never having done this before I didn't know what to expect. I came away heartbroken as these are good decent men for the most part who have had a run of bad luck. But also happy that I was able to help, if only a little bit. Driving home last night, my son said that next year he wants to help every night, not just two nights. That makes me proud of him...

Laurie, That is wonderful! You are raising a fine son, one to be very proud of! What an example you have set for him, teaching him to think of others. There are too many selfish people in the world these days, it's nice to see that there are others so giving. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to start this off with GRANDSON WILL APPEAR ON "AMERICA'S MOST WANTED" but that would be a little too dramatic. So I will give an update as follows:

On February 9th Anthony (19) and his two friends, Nicole (19) and Marissa (20), saved a life. As they were hiking at Dougan Falls in Skamania County, Washington, they found a cross-country skier, Robert Kevin Tracy, who had been badly beaten. They had no cell service so they hiked to the nearest home and got the owner to call authorities.

The suspects of this horrendous beating are Micheal David Collins, 33, and his 16 year old son, Teven David Collins. They are wanted for 1st Degree Murder and 1st Degree robbery, for alledly stealing Mr. Tracy's 1998 Ford Explorer. The elder Collins is also a Level 2 Sex Offender and is considered dangerous.

These two suspects are on the Federal Most Wanted List.

On March 21, 2009, the cross-country skier's brutal attack will be on the show "AMERICA'S MOST WANTED." When the crew of America's Most Wanted" was in Washougal, they interviewed the three hikers and Anthony and his two friends, Marissa and Nicole are said to be appearing on "AMERICA'S MOST WANTED."

So, I can proudly say 'MY GRANDSON WILL BE ON AMERICA'S MOST WANTED'!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I am going to be a new grandma about October 29, maybe a Halloween baby?????? I know that my new grandbaby is a

drumroll.gifdrumroll.gifdrumroll.gifdrumroll.gifdrumroll.gif

its-a-boy-moon-bc.gif

I will now have two granddaughters!!baby-girl-28.gifbaby-girl-28.gif

And three grandsons: MSN-Emoticon-baseball-055.gif MSN-Emoticon-baseball-055.gif MSN-Emoticon-baseball-055.gif<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/05/03 04:02

Judy, hopefully 5 will be enough for my kids too. I have three children. Youngest has the two daughters 18& 13; oldest daughter has one son, 8; and my son & daugher-in-law are expecting their 1st son. My 20 year-old grandson is inherited from my late husband's daughter, I raised him for her so he is like my own. My girls are done but my son got married in August and this is his first, and his wife would like a girl also,so we'll see. Thanks everyone for the good wishes!!!

• 1 month later...

Today my son, Johnny, and his wife, Aubrey, had a baby boy!!!! Weighs 2.5 lbs and his name is Johnny Dean Albalos, Jr. His mother was only 26/27 weeks pregnant and has been in the hospital for 2 weeks hoping to keep him for has long as she could. He was delivered by C-section at 3:56 pm June 28, 2009. He is in the 90% for babies delivered at 26/27 weeks. He is breathing oxygen at what they call room air and according to his nurses he is doing very well. Please pray for my tiny grandson. His nick name is Dino after his late grandfather. He is so very handsome and much loved.

boy.gif<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/06/29 09:27

Janet, congratulations on the birth of baby Dino.

I am sending my love and best wishes to all your family,

you dont need to ask, my prayers are already being said!

Please keep us informed of baby Dino's progress wont you? I hope that Aubrey is doing well and makes a speedy recovery as well after the surgery.

These tiny babies are tough cookies Janet and little fighters, I am praying that Dino is as well.

Be strong! Everyone is here for you xx:kiss: