NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

TOOT YOUR OWN HORN aka BRAG THREAD

Luvparrots

(For those of you not added as friends on my facebook account) My son's football team reached the cup final this season finishing as runners-up, they also came very close to promotion. At the awards evening last Saturday Jordan was awarded as the manager's player of the season.

SN850315.jpg

Edited by Joolesgreyuk

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have something to brag about, me, me, me!!!!! On May 18, 1976 I begin the First Day of the Rest of My Life!!!!! I received a Starr/Edwards heart value. I was 29 years old and very, very, very tired. Dr. Starr did this personally for me (I wish I had asked for an autograph, perhaps a tattooed star on my chest). He replaced my aortic value and then several holes where repaired in a couple of the chambers in my heart. On May 18, 1980, Mount St. Helen blew and spread ashes all over Washington State to commensurate this great event for me and when the 30th anniversary of that mountain blowing came around I remembered it was 34 years since the healing of my broken heart. So remember life can be short don't sweat the small stuff, remember that we are all different and unique and something that has a meaning for you might have a totally different meaning for someone else. So respect each other and live life to the fullest so that you can go to sleep each night and ask, "Did I do anything today that I'm ashamed of?" And with a smile in your heart answer, "No."

~~This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.~~

That is amazing Janet! You see, no one knows of the trials and tribulations of the next person on here. Well Janet you are living proof that that particular piece of work was a success. I can't even begin to think where we would all be without your contributions and pearls of wisdom on here, you are a valued member Janet. xxx

I have something to brag about, me, me, me!!!!!

That's what this great thread is all about!!! Stories such as this one are inspirational and I admire the bravery borne by the survivor (namely you in this case). Cardiac surgery wasn't as common in 1979 as it is nowadays, indeed it was only 11 years earlier the first transplant was carried out. You were so young to go through such a radical procedure - but we are all in agreement that Dr Starr and Mr Edwards have gifted us with such a great friend. Both chaps are now long gone, but their pioneering design and surgery have gifted thousands upon thousands with the gift of life :)

A slight correction is necessary here. Yes Dr. Edwards is decreased. Dr. Edwards was in his 60's and Dr. Starr in his 30's when they met. Dr. Albert Starr is now 83 years old, still resides in Portland, Oregon and still does consultations. He performed his last surgery in the 1980's. How do I know this, because I am still contacted once a year by his people.

Edited by luvparrots

A slight correction is necessary here. Yes Dr. Edwards is decreased. Dr. Edwards was in his 60's and Dr. Starr in his 30's when they met. Dr. Albert Starr is now 83 years old, still resides in Portland, Oregon and still does consultations. He performed his last surgery in the 1980's. How do I know this, because I am still contact once a year by his people.

Whoops!! My sincere apologies to dr starr!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tooting my own horn here. I've been breaking out my baby horse and so far so good. It wouldn't be a big deal except the last horse I helped break out bucked me sky high. So I'm patting myself on the back for my bravery.

I need to toot my own horn here :) I Cut Rene's Nails!! LoL, now let me explain why I believe this is extraordinary! I had asked his previous owner how he did with trimming his nails and the response I got was ooh he will hate you for a few days it involves towels and bites :( HE HATES IT! Last night Rene was waiting for his good night kisses and had his little toes hanging out of the cage. I grabbed the clippers and just showed him, no movement, I touched his toes with the clippers, no movement, I held his toe nail with the clippers still no movement, I went for it and he just sat there :) :) (I just had to get the tiny points off so it required very little) So long story short, I now know how to trim his nails and I no longer get cut :) YAY