NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

TOOT YOUR OWN HORN aka BRAG THREAD

Luvparrots

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for your congratulations and prayers. I talked to my daughter-in-law, Aubrey this AM and she is up and doing fine. She was able to change little Dino's diaper today and spend some time with him. He is doing really well. He is 2 1/2 lbs and 15" long. Aubrey fought like the dickens to hold her son as long as she could so that he could receive medications to help his organs grow and all her hard work paid off. Sometime today they will be changing the type of oxygen apparatus he is using to one that sees that he is getting adequate oxygen but he will be breathing more or less on his own. They are hopeful that tomorrow Aubrey will be able to nurse little Dino directly. My son is so proud, his son latched on to his Daddy's finger and held on tight. My daughter-in-law is an I.C.U. nurse so little Dino is in expert hands!

• 3 weeks later...

Little Dino is holding his own. He now weighs 3 lbs 4 ozs. He is a fighter. Aubrey, his mother is with him as much as possible and sends me lots of pictures. His daddy holds him as much as they will let him. Little Dino is about 28 weeks in development and 2 weeks old. He is learning to suck so hopefully his mom will be able to nurse him soon. She has been providing his nutrition since he was 3 days old. He is much loved. Thanks for asking!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/07/16 10:15

• 1 month later...

I am so very happy!!!! My grandson, Johnny Jr. goes home tomorrow, 2 months+ and now finally he is 6 lbs. 10 ozs. and going home!!!!! I spent all day in infant CPR classes so I am prepared for anything. I promised pictures when he was tube free and here they are!!!! I am so proud!!!!

017-4-1-1.jpg

018-1-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

I wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that Little Dino is now a healthy little boy!!! Thank you all for your kind words and support! As a reminder, when Dino was born (June 28, 2009) he was about 3 months premature and weighed 2 lbs. 10 ozs. He is now 14 lbs and a happy healthy bundle of love and almost 7 months old. He is maturing as any 3 1/2 month old baby should be. Ironically, his cousin Dominic was born on Dino's due date of Oct. 2.

th_2009-02-05towel002-2.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2010/01/17 05:40