NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

WEIGHT & EXERCISE SUPPORT GROUP

Talon

Sorry I'm just now checking in ya'll!! I've been super busy at work lately, and until my net gets fixed at home(long story) I have to get on here at work..

Anyhow I've lost 2 lbs this week, according to my scale:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I've been good about small portions, and I also got a decent bonus on my last paycheck so I'm going to go join Gold's Gym sometime this week, I miss those Eliptical machines!!!

Sounds like everyone else is doing good this week, and Judy don't feel bad for rewarding yourself I'm tellin ya sometimes its just the right thing to keep you going!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I haven't weighed myself lately, but I did get a compliment today from someone who I had not seen in a couple of months, she said I looked like I had lost some weight, so I must be doing something right. I continue to go to Curves for at least 3 times a week, if I go tomorrow it will be the 4th time this week.

MakenasDad wrote:

Exactly. Although transit times vary in each individual, it is slowed down in general. You're right though, we're all different - mainly (about 75-80%) of this is actually controlled by genetics, kind of interesting huh?

A friend of mine in the Netherlands just heard that after more than 20 years of desparately dieting she has a disorder (I don't understand exactly what exactly but it's in her bowel-area) and that this is responsible for her gaining weight even from water (slight exaggeration) - She is going to have surgery soon to treat this disorder.

All those 20 years and not understanding where the weight came from :(

A great place I found that might help some of you all out.http://dailystrength.org You can be part of my freinds list if you sent an invite to me at TariAngie.

Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/10/28 17:18<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/10/28 17:19

Siobha9, you should join Curves, it is an exercise regimen that uses different pieces of equipment that works on various parts of the body and stepping stations between each one. You go around in a circle alternating between the equipment and the stepping stations and it is fast paced with music. It tells you every time you move to the next station and you go two complete rounds, but I do three because I want to.

They do a weigh in and measure you on your first visit and then every month they do it again to track your progress. I just completed my third week and will get weighed on the 8th of November and measured again. I know there will be some weight loss and inches because I have been consistent with my routine. I also walk 2.5 or better miles on the days I don't go to Curves and I just purchased an elliptical machine to further enhance my exercise choices.

And you make friends with the other women who come and some of them you might already know and we chat while we work out, in fact I saw one of my sisters that has been coming for 2 years this past Saturday morning and I don't see her that often. You won't regret coming and you can go at it as hard as you like or not, thats up to you.

I did curves a couple years ago did not good at all. And they were so not friendly. A few years ago I joined a gym with a tread mill I lost 20 pounds in one month.

I am thinking of saving up the money and doing that again first of 2008. I have to pay for it up front hubby gets bent if I have an auto draft done. And he starts running me down with things like you wont stick to it. You wont lose weight. ext

So have to pay for it myself. Ill save up and add it to my Christmas money and join again.

Really you all should try that link I posted two post up. The place is full of people that well support you. I am really enjoying it.

Well Tari, I am so sorry you had a bad experience with Curves, but I have been pleased with it and the women who come to it and the ones who run it, they have all been very nice to me.

And your husband does you no good when he does not support you in your efforts to either lose weight and or get more exercise, my husband does support my decision and he needs to do it also for he is overweight also.

I checked out that link and if that helps you Tari then I am all for it, I see that there are a lot of other topics that may interest others here too, but whatever works is what you should do. We all need support from others when we undertake a lifestyle change, I have my friends and my family to help me but there is nothing wrong with getting that help from wherever it may come as long as it works for you.

Thanks for sharing that link with us, I am sure some of the members here will check into it and maybe use it for help.:)

Curves sound interesting. I wonder if they have something like that in Israel as well :unsure: I've done Calanetics many years ago and didn't lose a gram (that was also not the reason I joined) but my back felt soooooo good at that time (I was the only one from the group that gave that reason why I liked calanetics) :silly:

Judy, here (please click) is a video clip about callanetics. Don't believe the part about not needing expensive subscriptions because here in israel it is bloody expensive and you also have to obligate yourself to a full half year in advance.

I am doing fine, I continue to go to Curves 3 to 4 times a week, walk on the off days if I can and I use an elliptical machine also. I have been fairly good as far as what I eat, went off the plan on Saturday night celebrating 40 married years, had drinks and dessert but back on now. I don't weigh myself but I will get weighed next week at Curves so I will let you know if I have lost any and I know I have.

Well due to the cold weather..... I bought a treadmill. I will still run outside as much as possible, but I HATE the cold, so on those days, I will run on the treadmill inside, with the window open and a fan blowing so I don't get too hot. :laugh:

I have maintained the same weight for most of the summer and fall, but that is fine with me. I'm not looking to lose weight.

Sounds like you are doing great Judy! You really sound motivated!

Everyone else, I love that you keep up on the weekly check in's, we all need to know that we are not in this alone! Keep up all the hard work! You will start to feel so much better with each passing day. :)

Judy, I did lose 15 pounds since I started running and cutting out all the junk food I was eating. Now it's just maintaining the weight I am now. That means I step on the scale every day, which determines what I get to eat for the day. :S

My friend called to see me last night to invite me to join a little friendly competition! 5 of us hve put €50 in a kitty and whoever loses the most weight by Christmas takes the lot. We weigh in in one house once a week. This is so cool. I have paid silly money for Weightwatchers to line their pockets, this way I line a friends pocket, or better yet my own!

Hmmm €250 would be a NICE Christmas pressie!!!!

Siobhan

Well today I am going to start walking again. I signed up for a cool website for walkers and I hope it well help me stay on track and keep going.

My only problem is I hate doing it alone. /sigh Think Ill find that local walking club and sign up for it and hope someone else might live in my area to go with me.