NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

No Parents Allowed!

kins2321@yahoo.com

My humans made me practice flying back and forth. I STILL crashed even though they tried! Kiki my friend who is an Amazon, got tired of watching me. She taught me how to fly. She would fly and land... I did it! Not as good...but I got better! Kiki would take off and land, I followed her. It was SOOOO funny.... oneday, Rom didn't know it was me flying in... she expected Kiki. It was ME!!!!!!!!!It was the GREATEST surprise that Kiki and I worked on! Sophie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, Riley from Scotland here. I grew up in a breeders house with my brothers and sisters and met lots of other boarding parrots who the lady said were on "holiday". I had lots of fun playing and horsing around. When I was 4 weeks old, I first met this man and a woman who came to see me and my siblings. They said they would like to take me home. I wasnt sure what this meant but I had fun playing with thier car keys and getting hand fed by the woman! They kept coming back every now and then to see me, I heard them say that they had bought a house for me and that they would like to look at some toys. I was really happy when they picked lots of nice toys and I thought my brothers and sisters must be jealous that I was going to get them! But then the left with the toys!! I thought, why would you tell me you bought be toys and then take them away in their car. When I was 12 weeks old, there was a knock on the door and in came the man and woman who I realised were called Kirsty & Rhys. They had a strange looking box with a door and holes on the side, I heard them call it a "pet carrier" but I didnt realise they wanted me to go inside. The car journey was a little scary, as I wasnt sure why the box was moving when we went over what Rhys called bumps.

About half an hour later, they took me out of the car and into my new home! I noticed that all those toys I had thought I didnt get were in the living room and my NEW cage, which I would get all to myself without my brothers and sisters (although I missed them quite a bit at first). My first night, I explored, played and slept. I didnt want to go in my cage as I was having soo much fun but once I got in I was zonked and slept all night through.

The last week has been a bit crazy, I have been trying to master the art of step up which only seems to result in me being moved or going back to bed. But I have that sussed, I just grab on tight with my beak and pull myself up until I am firmly on the shoulder! Then they ask me to step up again and I dont do it!! hehehe! I laugh to myself because I think they think I will fall for it! I have also started to learn a new trick called "fetch" which means to take hold of the ball and drop it in a bowl. The humans think this is fun, but really I just look forward to the lovely WALNUT treat I get! They were looking online one day at training and found out about "touch it" with a chop stick of all things, so all I have to do it touch it with my beak and I get another WALNUT, this will be easy... well until it starts to move to various places and I have to fly for it! I also realised, the more noise I make during supper time the more chance I have of getting human food! So this I will continue, and when I start to talk / mimic this will get louder and LOUDER until I get lots of food!

I am still getting one hand fed meal a day with a funny shaped food and I really enjoy to eat this, but sometimes I get a bit distracted, so it can take a while for me to eat it all up but the longer I take the more attention I get.

Today, Kirsty was on her laptop and I was playing with my new orange ball then I thought oooo I would like to try tpying too. So I crept up on it and ripped the Caps Lock Key right out! I was very proud of myself, but for some reason Kirsty didnt seem to praise me and seemed a bit upset. :( however, my daddy Rhys managed to fix it so everyone is happy again!

I am away to play on my play stand and chew buttons etc so I will give you all an update soon!!

Love from Riley. Or as mum calls me Smiley Riley. and dad called me RyBert (I dont like this name)!

• 1 month later...

Something is up around here guys. Mom's got the box with wheels out and she's putting clothes into it. I heard her on the phone thingy talking about that Toronto guy, and some birdy called Jason Mraz. Is now she seeing two birdies behind my butt feathers?

Edited by Acappella