NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

No Parents Allowed!

kins2321@yahoo.com

What is so fascinating that she has to stare at me all the time with that little smile on her face? Oh now she’s giving me that “look” again and talking in a high, funny voice. I tried letting her know I wasn’t interested in a grape. I even wiped my beak on the perch stand about six times even though I don’t have anything to clean off it. If I take it from her fingers and give them a little scrape, maybe she’ll get it…sigh, I guess not.

Oh! But now she’s singing that funny song I like! This is cool! I’m going to bob my head up and down a bit. Whoo! Whoo! Hello Sondhi! Hello Sondhi! Hi Boo Boo!

(From the other room)

What is all that racket going on? I’m trying to get some sleep. Looks like the crazy lady forgot to buy the almonds in the shell, or does she think I’m too old to crack a nut? I still got a lot of fire in me! At least I finally figured out what she wants me to do with that rope perch – get up on it. And I have to admit, I should have tried it sooner because she takes me all sorts of fun places – the kitchen, the aviary. I even get to take showers in the hose. Not bad at all – minus the hawks that fly overhead and scare the crap out of us every now and then.

(From the Toucan Aviary)

Victor: Those fat, grey things are really ugly.

Mollie: Well, the red tail is nice.

Victor: With tiny little beaks. Can’t understand why the lady yelps if they grab on to her.

Mollie: Yeah, and can’t get a word in edgewise while they are yapping their heads off.

Victor: Harumph. I just don’t get the appeal.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewww, those hawks are scary. I am pretty sure they know there are birds here that can't fly and they tried to get me one day. I was smart though and for once didn't get startled, cuz i stayed real still on my friend Olivia's arm, mom and her friend were on each side of me. That big thing got so close our hairs blew. Now we can't go outside unless its in the aviary.

Mom is still working with me on flying, i am getting so good at it now i don't even wait for her. I flew thru the living room and down the hall to the front door! There was even a turn i had to do, this is pretty fun. New York, here i come! Oliver and Bubba will NOT be joining me unless they take a cab, neither of them can fly like i can! And there is no way they would make it on time if they walked, it would take them 2 days just to get to the end of the block they way they stop and rip into everything in their path. They are such children, they should act like me, mature and snobby.

Sophie! Its stormy! Its been crazy around here! My mom put me in this big metal thing the other day! Freaked me out! Mom says its my house... I didn't like it the other day at all... I just wanna be in my basket! Then mom caught me climbing out of it... I think I freaked her out! So she puts me in the big metal thing I mean my house everyday... but still lets me sleep in my basket for now ... omg I woud love to have a sleep over! I live in florida! It would have to be by me cus I can't fly yet... I just got my chest feathers in this week! Mom will have to post this weeks pics.. mom is sad.. when we went to see my doctor she said im doing great... but when she found out about punky she said mom should strongly consider getting him a new home.. she tod mom that love birds and parakeets carry certain diseases that can be deadlly to other bird breeds... and being that im a baby it was necessary ... so mom met a lovely lady who is gonna be a real good mommy to him.. but mom is really sad... im gonna give her extra kisses tonight when she feeds me ... ok im sleepy again.. I'll write again soon!

Hi everyone! I'm new here! My new mom brought me home from San Diego. My name is Vai and I am 17 weeks old! I'm a little nervous in my new home but mommy holds me close and cuddles with me. It comforts me and calms me down. Once Im calm I just HAVE to climb on mom's shoulders and play with her hair!!! I pulled a prank on her earlier today!!! I pooped down the back of her shirt and she didn't even know it! She went to the store with poop on her shirt!! hahaha >=]

hey ya'll .... my dad brought out this big machine like thing last nite that when he plugged it on and turned it on it made so much noise I started to freak out in my cage and saw mommy come running to rescue me. She was yelling at daddy that he scared me so we got to go into the dinning room and eat pasta while he vacuumed out the ac's :D I sure dont like that thing tho :mad:

Hey, it's Biscotti here. We have one of those dang noisy machines here too! I hate that thing -my mommy bird pulls it out & I run to the back of my cage & shake. Scares me bad. When the noise is gone & I get my wits about me again I tell my mommy bird "that's a vacuum , makes a big noise!" I don't think she understands because she keeps bringing the d@*$# thing out!

Even my dog Mandy hates it, she tries to bite it and kill it but mommy bird tells her "no!" They are just evil noisy machines!

Edited by chelseaB

Those things use to scare me too, but not anymore. Mom can use that wand thing inside my cage now with me in it!

Hi all, i'm Gabby. Bongo may not be ascared of that loud thing but he sure ran away when i came just now. Me? I have no fear of anything. My new family is finding this out quickly. I tore into their mail tonight, you would of thought i had to pay those bills! Ha! Then the lady tried to use her cell phone without sharing it with me! Well i let her know that just wouldn't work for me. I ran to get it, she moved it so i bit her on the arm. She didn't say anything but i am pretty sure she wasn't to impressed. I was, i left her a big blood blister. I saw Bubba bite her on the lip, he was just kissing her but he got excited. She already had a band aid on from me earlier. I guess this just isn't her day! Bwahahaha!

Yeah! No one here flys like i can. Bongo tries but he is new to it still. This is funny, mom and dad thought they had bird proofed the house, i am showing them how much they missed! Nothing is safe with me here. They hid my remotes darn it, they put something else there though, i pushed it off the table. If i can't have my remote they can't have their stuff. Thats how i roll!

Hi Gabby I'm Jake. I bit my momma too. I got her between the arm pit and shoulder. I think my momma must have a rainbow inside her because first it turned red, then it turned purple and now its almost black and has some blue and red speckles. My momma says that I am big and brave. I yell at that loud machine and whistle when she hammers stuff. I'm not even scared when it thunders but I don't like when the wind makes the house shake. What did scare me was when momma let in a fly. Why did she do that? I know its coming to get me. Its going to try and carry me away I just know it. Momma tried to tell me that the killed it but I don't believe her. I'm going to stand guard just to make sure.

Those things use to scare me too, but not anymore. Mom can use that wand thing inside my cage now with me in it!

Hi all, i'm Gabby. Bongo may not be ascared of that loud thing but he sure ran away when i came just now. Me? I have no fear of anything. My new family is finding this out quickly. I tore into their mail tonight, you would of thought i had to pay those bills! Ha! Then the lady tried to use her cell phone without sharing it with me! Well i let her know that just wouldn't work for me. I ran to get it, she moved it so i bit her on the arm. She didn't say anything but i am pretty sure she wasn't to impressed. I was, i left her a big blood blister. I saw Bubba bite her on the lip, he was just kissing her but he got excited. She already had a band aid on from me earlier. I guess this just isn't her day! Bwahahaha!

Rainbows are so pretty, i love watching them! I flew onto moms shoulder on accident, she was doing dishes and i like helping in the kitchen when they let me in there. I clean the counters off for them, they laughed when i did this and i am not sure why. After, mom got out her favorite thing, i think she calls it a broom, and got everything up i put on the floor. I was decorating for her and she just swept it up, gesh. I fly to daddy all the time now too, i will just hoover over him until he puts his arm out unless i got a clean landing on his shoulder, it makes him so happy. I really think i like my new home. I know i love my new dad and must tolerate the lady, but i think i can do that. But when i see my dad come home boy i get so excited i start making grunting noises and roll onto my back and tell him "come on"! The other birds just stare at me when i do this but i don't care, he comes right to me! My last family thought i only knew how to say hello and gabby, but i am letting these guys hear alot more, i am even starting to whistle with Bongo when he wants to play that game, we take turns.

That cat. I hate that cat. She STOLE my RED BEAD!!!! Its gone. They tried giving me a different red bead but I am not fooled. I am going to keep biting them until they find my bead.

Oh do i understand, for us its the dogs, just two of em now though since Gabby moved in. She bit one of em on the ear and the the other musta saw cuz now its just one chihuahua and the blind min pin who beg us for food now. If we drop something they grab it and run!

Bongo here, where is everyone? I gotta tell ya'll Gabby is a pain in my wing! She gets on my stand, eats my food and had the nerve to take a bath in my water! She has her own stand, she should use it more! Then there is Bubba, he is getting alot of moms attention right now, she keeps looking at his butt. My butt is pretty, why doesn't she look at mine? She bought me a cool java tree, then took it away and put Bubba on it. Thats really okay with me, it scared me, but i am not going to tell mom that. Let her feel guilty about it. Then we have Oliver, ha, what can i say about him?? He gets his way all the time, just because he lifts his foot up and says hello they go running to pick him up! Gesh. Oh well, i still get my time with mom so i shouldn't complain and i get more toys now and always get fed first! First to wake up, last to go to bed too! I like being first!

hey bongo, its kallie. my flock has been crazy lately!!! first, for a few weeks, that little "human" was here on and off. now it's running, actually up on 2 legs like the rest of the flock, but its running and the flock follows it everywhere!!! i still don't know what it is, they tell me he's a "human" but i'm convinced the flock is telling fibs, cause its actually some kind of monster thing. i even tried to prove it was a "human" by going low in my cage house and turning my head for a rub, but nnnooooo, the flock moved it away from me!!! i'll just have to keep trying though, cause until i get a head rub from it, it is not a "human", it is a monster thing!!

then my mom just disappeared for a few days. she'd come back home for a bit then leave again. she said its cause that gramma person had surgery. i don't know what surgery is, but it sure makes mom crazy with stress and she disappears. now she's home again, but every time she says she has an errand and will be right back, i worry she's going to disappear again. so for the past few days, i've been letting her know, i don't like her. no rubs, no words, nothing. she says i'm "pouting", but i can't "pout" cause i don't have any lips (see she's crazy!!!)

athena here. kallie is right about mom disappearing. i'm "pouting" too, but i'm doing it different than you. i make even more noise and then when she tries to touch my toes, i run away and try to bite her!! that's what she gets for not staying here worshipping us like we deserve and require!! but kallie, i think we should probably start not being mad at her and pouting anymore. she has been making us great dinners (even though i won't touch most of what's in there, but it does look nice).

oh about that "human" thing. kallie, you're almost right about it being a monster thing. and i hate to tell you this, but there's more than just the 1 you've seen!!! there are 2 more, but you weren't here when they were around!! just be glad you weren't here when the other 2 had to move very, very, very far away. mom was very sad, and had water rolling down her face. i never knew that mom had water pipes in her face and that they end, up by her eyes of all places!! that was very creepy seeing that water coming out of her eyes like that, eeewwww!! those 2 got bigger every time they came over too and they also did more things each visit. my theory is they start off as monster things, but as they get bigger they must turn into "humans". maybe they're some kind of strange butterfly or moth because those start out totally different than they end up too. maybe that's why those other 2 moved very, very, very far away-cause they're changing into humans and its soooo scary and dangerous, they can't be seen while they're doing it!!!!!

this is kallie. sophie, what do we do? do we take a splash splash in that water on their face or do we drink it?

kallie, you are still such a baby!! its not a splash splash, its take a bath!!!!!!! no we can't take a bath in it, there isn't enough to fling every where. i never thought of drinking it, its not in a shiny bowl and its moving, not still like in the shiny bowl.

athena, it might be take a bath to you, but i hate baths!!! i barely tolerate a splash splash but you're right, there isn't enough to fling every where. but i like moving water, especially when i play with those really cold slippery toys in the shiny bowl. but i don't know why they keep disappearing, very strange. i'll have to run more experiments. hhhmmm.....

sorry sophie, athena here, kallie and i got side tracked! so what do we do when water is rolling off their faces?