NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Remember Game

Ray P

Emlee & Ray.. Yup !!! I remember my sessions at the wood pile. ( my dad came from Denmark w/ 2 little bros. & his father after their mom died) Like him, I would even get whooped on -- for letting my little brother do something & let alone the things I did. Respect & man-up !! All because I was the oldest!!! (but I'm a girl)

That look in Dad's eye puts the fear of God in you... Brought in the virture of honesty quickly!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spring Chicken....

I remember slap bracelets, Teddy Ruxpin, Rainbow Brite, He-man, Fraggle Rock, She-Ra, Alf, You Can't Do That On Television, Clarissa Explains It All, MTV when it actually played Music Videos, Anamaniacs, The Goonies, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, candy cigarettes (and no one thinking anything about it at all), Lemon Heads (still some of the best candy EVER), bubble tape, Silly Putty, Lisa Frank stuff being the COOLEST thing to take to school EVER, Lite Brite, those pyramid things made out of paper that said who you were going to marry when you opened them up, jump rope chants, Down Down Baby hand clap games, moonboots, scrunchies, jelly bracelets (I still love these), Jelly Shoes, Snap Crotch Body Suits, and a few things I STILL collect to this day: Furbies, Popples, and My Pet Monster toys :)

• 4 weeks later...

spring chicken.... I remember having 1 tv in the house, and having only 10 channels... I remember that we only had one phone... and it wasn't cordless, I remember going to my aunt's and uncle's house, they had a computer... and only 1 game... the guy that moves blocks around... I remember getting our first computer, and having to shut off the internet... because someone MIGHT call...

• 10 months later...

uhm ... well def not a spring chicken but not quite a golden ager ... yet but getting there :rolleyes:

I rememberhaving the rotary round dial to my phone, heck I remember a "party line" (which we had growing up.... if the other ppl were using the phone you had to wait your turn) I remember having to play with bunny ears to tune your tv or spin that lil dail behind the tv knob .. heck I remember having to get off my butt to turn the station .... OMG does this mean Im old?

I remember Pong and I still have a non cable ready tv with knobs. The darn thing still works and refuses to die. I stuck it in the basement as a backup. My house has a milk door, wooden counter tops in the kitchen, bubbled glass in the cabinet fronts, iron furnace vents, push button light switches, and some of the electric knobs from the knob and tube wiring are present but not being used.

Does anyone remember the plastic sticks in fudgecicles and popcicles? They had holes and you could build stuff with them once you ate enough. Or the McDonalds characters? There was Ronald, Hamburgler, Fry Guys, Grimace, Captain Crook, Big Mac and Mayor McCheese.

Those old TV's were built to last. I live in a house built in 1915, so I know exactly what you mean. Gotta love the floors and the woodwork though! You can still see the knobs from the old wiring all over the attic. Yes, I remember all the McDonald's characters.

Anyone still have their 8-tracks and 8-track player?

I remember when the Principals office had a strap hanging by the door. I remember when no one ever paid for a dog because no one fixed their pets and every farm had free puppies. I remember when it was safe to leave a 12 year-old girl (me) at the side of the highway all day with a wagon full of vegetables to sell. I remember when a manual push lawn mower wasn't an Eco choice, it was the only mower you had. I remember when it was a big deal to get a store bought dress because mom sewed all my clothes. I remember packing a lunch and setting out on my bike for a 3 hour ride into town. I remember my first portable radio took 8 'D' batteries. I remember "Tiger Beat". I remember saving bubble gum wrappers and mailing them in to get toys. I remember replacing the ribbon in a typewriter. I remember when carbon paper was a precious thing. I'm 46, and no spring chicken.

Edited by Acappella