NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Remember Game

Ray P

Those old TV's were built to last. I live in a house built in 1915, so I know exactly what you mean. Gotta love the floors and the woodwork though! You can still see the knobs from the old wiring all over the attic. Yes, I remember all the McDonald's characters.

Anyone still have their 8-tracks and 8-track player?

My father does and when ever I visit I pop in the Partridge Family 8 track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember when children in hospitals were in metal cribs and all were in wards - no single or double rooms, everyone was together. Sorry for the downer, but I was trying to think about what my earliest memories were. And one of the earliest was when I was in Kindergarten and had an eye surgery. I remember the cone and the smell of ether. And throwing it up when I woke up.

I remember when computers used punch cards and were as big as the room. I remember when we made errors in punching the cards. If it was repetitive, it was a happy day if we could add a "punchover" to fix it rather then redoing all of them.

Spring Chicken here.

I remember when digital cameras were the big new thing in stores. At one of our family gatherings, I can still remember my grandpa using one of the print-out cameras to take photos, and his was the fanciest one there. Everyone else had rolls of film. I loved watching the photo appear!

• 6 months later...

Golden ager

I remember when you bought something from a catalog you filed out the order form and mailed it in with a money order and waited for ever for it to come.

P.S.

I just ordered something from a catalog on line paid for it on line and had it in four days.

Edited by Ray P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember seeing the NBC peacock fan its tail in color -- it was a huge thrill on our first color TV. I remember when Captain Kirk would have rather slapped himself than ever have a Klingon on his Bridge. I remember how thrilled I was when I bought my first computer, a Commodore 64. And I remember the Internet before graphics, when it was all text-based and there was no spam and no advertising. Every email was a treat and much welcomed. Definitely miss *those* internet days! :D