NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Remember Game

Ray P

How aboue a new game called I Remember.

I think this game could be fun.

This game can be played by old and young. We will not say old, but Golden Agers and we will not say young, but Spring Chickens.

Things you could tell your great grand kids

Example Identify your self as golden ager or spring chicken

Golden ager

I rimember

When you bought a new car turn signals were an option.

Spring chicken or young person might tell their great grand kids

Spring chicken

I remember

The internal combustion engin.

Lets see all the things we can come up with

Just remember if your old like me your are a golden ager.

If your young your a spring chicken, but what would you tell your great grand kids when you are a golden ager.

I will start

Golden ager

I remember

Sock Hops

• 1 month later...

Golden Ager...

I remember when everyone had a 12" black & white TV, pedal pushers were "cool", snow chains on your tires, & we all rode our bikes w/ a clothes pin holding a baseball card against the spokes made a fantastic noise!!!

Loved traveling w/ my grandparents!! (was their 1st grandchild) My grandfather was a principle of a middle school. In the 1930's they purchased an island in Canada & I spent summers w/ them. No electricity or running water. He & my dad built two cabins. (they floated an old Buick engine on a barn door across the lake for a sawmill) I played on my granma's treadle sewing machine, she taught me how to use the cook stove, used the wringer washer, walked the island w/ her pointing out the names of flowers/trees... I went fishing w/ grandpa at 4am & saw mink & moose at the damn, chopped wood & he taught me to make/tie fishing flys. Talk about a step back in time!! So pure, so simple. Would lay down & feed shrew by hand, dressed bullfrogs in my doll clothes, even let me take a big lake trout to bed w/ me -- was so proud of my catch!!

We also went in the winter, drove the car over on the ice... Had a trap door in the roof to gain access because the snow was so deep.. Snowshoed, & saw bear claw marks on the shutters 3" wide where they tried to get in.

What a life our ancestors must have had !!!

I remember traffic jams

Motor boys and girls with tans

Nearly was and almost rans

I remember this

Obviously, I remember the late 80's...

I also remember when one of my friends, a distant member of the Saud family, got a calculator watch. Goodness we were so jealous of his wealth and status. (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia - 1977)