NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show Us Your Cage!

Talon

Haven't bought my Grey yet but started looking up cages.

What do you think? Is it suitable?

I have 2 of these & love them. I got the one you've shown & thought it was small for my TAG with toys & perches. So, my Quaker's in it. She's a very busy (& messy) bird, so it's just right for her.

Phenix is in the next size up. The inside dimensions are 21” deep x 34” wide x 44” high. The actual height is 63” high. It seems to be just right for him.

http://www.greyforums.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18598&d=1277875779

abbie21187, I've only seen stock pics of that style cage. It's really nice looking in your photo!!

Is your TAG's this one?

BAhbB1sHOgZmIikyMDExLzAyLzAxLzE2XzMzXzE2XzQxM19HcmVuYWRhXy5qcGdbCDoGcDoKdGh1bWIiDDM2MHgzNTA.jpg

Total Width (with seed catcher) - 112cm (44”)

Width of Cage (without seed catcher) - 90cm (35.5”)

Total Depth (without seed catcher) - 61cm (24”)

Total Height (with stand) - 165cm (65”)

Inside Height (without stand) - 127cm (50”)

Sorry to bother so much but do you remember if your cage for your Grey is Montana New Jersey or Montana Grenada? Thx.

New Jersey looks the same but the measurements are a bit different:

Total Width (with seed catcher) - 106cm (42”)

Width of Cage (without seed catcher) - 86cm (34”)

Total Depth (without seed catcher) - 54cm (21”)

Total Height (with stand) - 160cm (63”)

Inside Height (without stand) - 130cm (51”)

My doubt is because some websites say New Jersey is suitable for Conures, Senegal, etc and other websites say it's suitable for Greys. :-/

Edited by Popsicle

These cages are apparently much more popular in Europe. I'm in the US & if you can find one, they're HQ model number, whatever. Unfortunately, I don't remember the model.

The New Jersey Cage looks like the same inches overall except the inside height. I measured mine from the top of the floor grate to the bottom of the arch's crown (if that makes sense). My cage does look a little shorter, inside but I think the New Jersey is the closest to the one Phenix is in. I'd go for the biggest one you can afford, but either model should be fine.

The thing for me is not only price but mainly space. I want him to have enough space to feel comfortable but unfortunately our living room isn't big enough, which is another reason I'm inclined to go for the New Jersey. I'm in London and already found many websites that sell them here. :) Thanks for measuring your cage and helping with advice. I'm quite happy with my choice. I will just try and find somewhere I can actually see the cage before buying. Just to make sure we are doing the right thing. Thanks again. x

I've seen some of you have made your own playstand. I'd probably like to do the same. What types of trees have you used for that or what types can I use? I've read some trees can be toxic for birds. I know Java is good. Think Pine Tree is fine as well. Anything else? Thx.

Edited by Popsicle

So here's the second cage I purchased lol. I wanted one a little larger for my TAG, but like the first one I purchased, they all have 1" spacing in the larger sizes. She will be coming home this week or next so I already put a lot of her toys in and all of her perches. I hope she likes it! I also added two bowls on the bottom of the cage which was recommended to me for when she's still young.

Let me know what you think! Is the set up too cluttered? I will be adding a few more toys she has with her now at the store.

015.jpg

Thats a very nice cage for Eva!!!

Cody has a new cage as of last week , I went broke and bought him the Kings Aluminum Cage, it's smaller then the cage he had but he never used all the space in the other cage and it was a 42 inch cage , this cage is a 34 inch and it's shorter it doesn't come down to the floor , he is doing great in it and it has a larger playtop for him, he liked it right away :) with Cody's disability he isn't active in a cage so he didn't need a huge cage , heres some pics of him and his new cage

Picture026.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Aristotle's cage is amazing. I'm thinking of buying one very similar. The one for the lorikeet seems quite big as well. They must love it! :)

Thanks popsicle, Im so happy with that cage, the lories cage is Aristotles old cage that she came with.

Cody has a new cage as of last week....... Cody's disability he isn't active in a cage so he didn't need a huge cage , heres some pics of him and his new cage

Picture026.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Super nice cage, but whats his "disability"? His foot?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi bird lovers.

I got my 10 year old grey called jess on sunday,she is a marvel,her owners brought her to us in her old cage,but i had a new one ready and waiting,i was not sure whether to leave her in her old one or move her into her new penthouse,in the end i thought id move her,she had been in her old cage for 10 years,but she took to her new one like a duck to water.now she probably thinks she is a film star.lol :cool:

our little jasper 004.jpg

Edited by Stevie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I just purchased my baby...an African grey this weekend and I have some questions..can you guys help?? My baby is 7 weeks old and I currently have him in a small cage and I wonder how soon should I put him in his mansion?? Any ideas? ALso, should I already give him some toys??

Thanks,

Cary..mother to MAX

Hi cacea18. Looks like this post got over looked probably because of where it is. Could you please re-post it? You could either start a new thread in the Nursery forum or include your questions in a Welcome & Introduction post.

Sorry I can't really give you any advise because I'm sadly ignorant about babies. :( Congratulations on your new fid, though!! :)