NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The journey From an Egg in Pictures.

lovemyGreys

This thread is a picture guide from hatching through to bringing your baby home.The pictures are of my two brothers, Alfie & Freddie.I hope you enjoy it.

The boys at a few days old.

eggs7.jpg

8/10 days old.

babies_age_8_10days_007.jpg

week 3

Lilo___Stitch_babies_20.jpg

week 4/5

babygreys.jpg

week 6

babies_10.jpg

week 7

babies_14-1.jpg

week 8/9

Alfie___Freddie_22.jpg

week 10/11 learning to perch

Alfie___Freddie_21-4.jpg

Ready to fledge.

Alfie___Freddie_08-1.jpg

12/13 weeks, fully weaned & flighted

AlfieFreddie022.jpg

3 / 4 months happy content babies.

parrot016.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: lovemyGreys, at: 2008/04/13 22:25

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy they are great pics. I think many of us get our babies fully weaned, I got Charlie when he was 12 weeks and you dont get to see what they look like before this. Unless like some of the members they are visiting the greys at the breeders and having contact before they come home. They are so cute, thanks for sharing.:)

Hi Tracy, I'm so happy that you took on the role of room leader here in this new area. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You help here on GreyForums has been a contrubuting factor in her success. We are well over 3000 members now and the time you spend here is appreciated by myself as well as every other mod and admin. Not to mention the huge following you have amoung the members.

Cheers to you Tracy and more importantly... THANK YOU {Love-000200BF}

This is a great photo history Tracy!!

God, it brings back memories of Dayo as we wtached the clutch grow from week 6 until he chose us and we brought him home.

Makes one want to go out and buy another "Puppy". Who can resist, when you see them? :-)

Isn't nature M-A-G-N-I-F-I-C-E-N-T???? We tend to forget the complex mechanism that produces creatures that have everything they need to survive in them - but looking at photos like this where a 'simple' egg turns into these wonderful creatures just make you realized how great nature is, no?

What beautiful photos. Amazing! I would love to be able to experience this even if only once. I had a cockatiel that laid eggs, but the male never fertilized them. What a wonderful experience that must be! Thanks for a great room in the forum! Love it! {Feel-good-000200BB}

One question: My baby Is 9 weeks old from the pics I see. It has been 3 days with me. But according toi the 10/11 week picture, he is not growing the fur/feathers fast enough I think. Maybe he is only 8 weeks then? I am feeding well I know that.

He has learned to move and all and even climbs on the box I keep him in. So now I have kept the box in the cage. Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks so much for posting these pictures. I am expecting a baby TAG and I wanted to get an idea of what he/she looks like at various stages in life. I can't begin to describe my excitement. Also, your article about handfeeding greys was very informative and I will definitely use what I've learned from it and the breeder. Thanks again!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...