NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Murphy Flock, 9 and counting.

murfchck

Sorry, I missed the part about starting a new thread so I figured I would copy the original post and go from there.

To my dearest babies,

Bongo, my first, I love you with all my heart. I love you helping me with meals and how you fly to my shoulder when you see me come in the room. You are my special little boy and nothing will change that! Please stop picking at your feathers, it is breaking my heart to see you do this to yourself.

Oliver, my second boy. You came to us near death and now you are independent and just a joy. I am sorry your wing is bad and you can not fly like the rest, but with daddy help you get to soar with the best of them! I love you!

Bubba, our third. You came to us because we were told your first family had an illness and couldn't give you the time you needed. Turns out you had your own medical issues that we are working through. You are such a winner in my eyes and with that, please stop calling me ptthhhh. You can say so many things, why not my name or even someone elses would be okay, but a fart noise as a name is embarrassing. I love!

Gabby, our fourth little gift. You despised me at first but have come to accept me as your transportation, thank you for that. I love how you help me with the dog dinners, if only you would understand that we don't mix the wet and dry food by tossing them on the floor, we like to keep the bowls on the counter and mix them with a spoon. Your creepy old man hello that your whisper in my ear when I am changing your cage papers has become second nature to us now but I remember the first few times you did that to me knocking me on my butt in fear, good times! Love you my Gabby goo!

Gus, the first of our U2's. Gus, Gus, Gus. What can I say to you. You pulled my heart strings when I heard you had been locked in your cage for years so you came here and hugged me and loved me like no other so I made the mistake of spoiling you by letting you out all the time and being on my shoulder when the times were right. After a lot of blood loss, we had to change that and now you won't accept I am doing this for your own good. Please stop the screaming, you are very loved and we would love to show that to you!

Cotay, STOP BITING ME PLEASE.

Lilly, I saw you years before your moved in and the day our eyes met, I fell in love with you. You are just so precious and good natured for a U2. I can do whatever I want to you and you take it in stride. Please stay on your stand and stop jumping off of it so you can stay with us in the big room and not have to go to your room. When you go to your room you scream and give me a blasting headache. I know you just want out to roam the floor and use my Chihuahua's a toss toys but for everyones safety we can't let that happen.

Koko, you came to us full of life and have proven to be one of the best older U2's I have met. You sing so bad it makes me smile. You dance like no one is looking but I am and I love every head spin you do!

Chacho, aka Albert. It took several months before you got to move in with us. From the moment you said "Albert's freaking out, Let Albert out" during the surrender, I knew we belonged together and I never even got to see your beautiful face. I know you didn't like the lady who took you and you proved that by doing your flying attacks on her so she called me up and told me to come get you. The first time I saw you, you let me pet you through that cage and hold your little stubby talon. On the ride home, we bonded more over a French fry. Now you try feeding me, I love that you love me. but please know your already processed food all over my face because I move my head around to keep it form going in my mouth, is a sweet gesture but ewww. Also, daddy loves you and you should really stop dive bombing him with the thought of killing him. When you learn to accept him, you will get to come out and play with the rest, but until then you have to stay in your room when the rest are out. You are my sunshine baby boy!

Today may be a hard day for you all as yet another may be moving in. Ixta is a sweet grey who has had a tough life. She watched her brother die after a macaw attack and then had to live in that same cage with the blood remnants, unable to come out for years. She pines for a change of life and we have offered it to her. She looks like all of you, featherless, so please welcome her into your flock as only a group like yourselves could do.

You are my band of misfits, and I love each of you with all of my heart!

Lisa

Edited by murfchck
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

So you lucked out today and Ixta's keeper wasn't ready to let go yet. You met him today and I am so very proud of you all, not a one of you screamed. (That is more directed at you Cockatoo's.)I really thought you all would be a little uncomfortable with him using a cane but you were all just great and not even one ruffled feather. I am sorry we didn't get to all come out today but I will make up for that tomorrow!

Hugs to all!

Nine with 9 more waiting to move in... We have decided to go ahead and move forward with opening the sanctuary since there has been such a demand. The website went up today but the paperwork has just begun. It is staying low profile right now since we already have a waiting list, we did not publish on google or yahoo searches but you can see the start of it at http://www.foreverfeatherssanctuaries.com

It is still a work in progress but ya gotta start somewhere. lol

lol, I tried the link and it won't pull up, yeah, more issues!

Edited by murfchck

lol, thanks. It took weeks of 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there but there is so much more we want to do to it. And I don't want it to be all doom and gloom, I want it to be fun too. Our life is far from normal as you will see from the next letter of apology to my flock...

My dearest fids,

We are very sorry that you all had to watch us running around the back yard with nets yesterday when you were just trying to sunbathe. All of you guys did very good not freaking out as we did. See we thought Chacho had gotten out of the flight. There was that bright green thing on the tree right beside him so daddy snuck up on him with the net. I am very grateful it wasn't Chacho, but we did panicked because it was a 2 ft iguana. After an hour of us watching him he made his move so we went into action and he did what we feared and jumped, about 40' from the tree. He landed in the pond and I jumped in after him to make sure he was okay, yeah yeah, I was in my still white and new shoes, Bubba, Bongo and Cotay, you did not need to laugh at me right then. I tossed the towel over him and unlike you guys, he came right out but let daddy catch him. Lilly, your buddy took him home since he has had them before and is going to care for him. Cotay, sorry we used your kennel and we will get you a new one it was just handy.

This was a rare day for us as it is hard getting all of you out of the house at the same time, but as we sat there in the morning watching you all and trying to figure out the best way to spend our day, wondering what we were going to do with our empty house, this happened and didn't get resolved until after 6pm. We didn't even get to get our bed made.

Then a relator showed up and walked our house and met you all as you were coming inside. Koko, what happened? You have never bit me before, why did you do it then in front of her? No one was there to take you guys, you are stuck with us! And by the way Koko, your bites hurt worse than any of them, what's up with that girlie girl? It must be your 24 years of practice but you got muscle and my fore arm is very soar today. Please don't teach that to the other ones, they for the most part, just nip.

So my fingers are crossed for a smooth week guys. Lets try and pull it off!

I Love,

Pttthhh

Sorry for your injury, that hurts your feelings as well as your arm. She must have thought the visitor was a danger you needed to avoid. A shame you have such boring weekends nothing to entertain yourselves with-LOL. Will you being looking for a place in the same area or elsewhere to make your bird haven?

We are looking everywhere. Found the perfect place in a town we had never heard of before and the property had pine trees for Miss Koko! (pine trees are a must on my list of things in a new homestead.) Then we saw it was right on the border, no wonder it was such a great price for 15 acres and a decent house. lol

So here is Bob. He got his name from falling in the pond, heehee, get it? Bob.

20141026_152923_zpss2iyjczf.jpg

Mexico. Cotay would be okay there, she would know what people were saying, we would be screwed. If we went to France, Chacho would be okay since he speaks French, again we would be screwed. Ya know what? My birds know more languages than I do... That just isn't right, lol.

Mexico. Cotay would be okay there, she would know what people were saying, we would be screwed. If we went to France, Chacho would be okay since he speaks French, again we would be screwed. Ya know what? My birds know more languages than I do... That just isn't right, lol.

Okay, that's what I thought you meant. But that's far, far away. I'd have to move to CN or worse, NY!! lol The size of TX & PA always sort of amazing to me.

As much as she dislikes me, i would be afraid of what words she is teaching me. There is one word she says to me every time she sees me and no one seems to know what it is. I can't spell it but by hook on phonics terms it is "la wee ta". And then there is "sa dee co" when she gets anything handed to her. Any ideas would be great! Lol

Hubbys sister is Larita and their cousin is Lorita perhaps she knows one of them. Sadico is Portugese for sadistic-hope that is not her thank you word. I hate to say it but with the Parakeets, Cockatiels, Greys & Cockatoo their are currently 12 birds here, subject to change.

This is like a little diary, i love it. It really makes me feel better to put my feelings down, then i can move past it.

Dear Fiddos,

Ok mama is stressed enough and i would really appreciate if maybe you could work with me on the following:

Bongo- PLEASE stop chewing your feathers. I love winter and all but every time i come into your room it is like a snow storm. Those fluffy white feathers are really hard to pick up!

Gus and Lily, please stop the screaming. Take a hint from Koko and sit back and enjoy the ride. You get your favorite foods, lots of toys, a whole lotta love and your really not in your cage enough to scream like you do. Give it up please, we are not going to come and get you when you are like that. Koko gets to come out because she is being quiet and i would also guess she is deaf now because of your continuous screaming. Daddy has even developed a twitch with each scream!

Chacho, stop running away from me and laughing, it really isn't that funny. I know i laugh sometimes but i am too old and tired to chase you down!

Bubba, Oliver - Oliver please stop removing Bubbas feathers, it is getting close to winter now and he needs them to stay warm. You have not had yours for a long time so you are use to it, but he isn't. Bubba, stop letting him pick your feathers, you have a big beak, use it to push him away, don't just say "ouch" when he does it!

Gabby and Cotay - Yeah, i got nothing for you two. Just keep on being daddy's girls and biting me i guess. Just remember, i am the one who cooks for you and slips you the goodies you hold so dear!

Koko, I found your Christmas stocking yesterday, you are going to love it! Cotay, daddy said he wants to pick our yours. I found one but he didn't like it, said you were not a Grinch as much as i argued that you were, so he is charge of yours!

I love!

My dearest flock of hooligans,

I want to thank you all for being somewhat docile yesterday. This has been a hard week for us and a little down time helped me compose myself some.

Bongo~ thank you for the nip you gave me right on my stress induced cold sore. That really helped with the discomfort it was giving me. I was so worried about the pain when it would break open but you helped me move past that by breaking it open sooner than it should have! What a pal, thanks!

Gabby~please share your claimed place(s) in the house. The macaws and cockatoo's are much bigger and more agile than you are so attacking them because they got near your area when you were on daddys shoulder isn't the smartest of ideas.

Cotay~ I am so sorry that i had to redirect you spastic flight yesterday, the stove had just been turned off and you were heading right for it. Your flying is getting better by the way, do you think it is those two lone feathers you let come in on your chest that helped carry you as far as the kitchen? I think so, try for a few more and then maybe you could fly anywhere you wanted. Keep up the practicing and in no time we will have to start putting you in the cage when we have to leave the room too!

Bubba and Oliver~ you two were a mess last night! I see how you totally enjoyed your couch time, i am pretty sure there is an extra hole in the pillow. Oliver we thought you were going to try and fly from the coffee table to get to that couch you wanted there so badly! Maybe we can do it again tonight?!

Chacho~ You are getting more and more comfortable here and that makes us so happy! Thank you for trying with daddy, he just wants to love you. Your talking is non stop now and we are picking up some words. I get that in your first home, your name was Albert and you freaked out a lot. You were allowed to fly around and that is great. I guess since you get to fly here too that is bringing back memories so you mostly use your Albert voice. I hear a few other voices you use too, your last home where i can assume your name changed to Chacho because when you say that name it is in a deep voice. Then there is a female voice, high pitched but you only say hello in that one. Is that one me?

Lily~ Thank you for helping me in the kitchen. I really didn't want your dinner bowls on the counter either so you throwing them off was just perfect. Yeah, i know i sat on the floor in the corner and just watched you. Your concern was a much needed boost.

Gus and Koko~ All i can say to you two is 3 umbrellas are enough, if you give me a 4th, i will have to shoot myself. Gus, you need to learn to cuddle Koko when you are "done". When you fly away right when you finish hurts her feelings. You should stay there with her and sing like she does, whistle too. Girls need to know they are not being used! She is not a black widow and you will not die if you stay there with her.

HOWEVER, if there ends up being an egg out of all of this you may die by me! haha

So to you all, tomorrow is daddy's birthday and all he has asked for is a day of peace. Most of the day he will be at work so all he is asking from you guys is for the latter part of the day for you all to behave. I know it will be hard but i also know you can do it! Give him lots of kisses!

I love,

Lisa