NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Blue Throat Macaw Babies!

murfchck

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the macaw babies are beautiful and awe inspiring, I can't take my eyes off the darling little grey baby. Mine were the love of my life and were gone too soon. Since I don't live near a breeder and we can't bring home any babies, I get that baby fix from other forum members. Thanks so much. I love every minute of it from afar.

Oh my goodness are the babies growing up! Only two were left in the nursery. The baby grey and Sugar Ray. One brand new on that hatched Friday night too that just won my heart. I am learning so much being there. Ozzy was out when I got there, flying around the house and I had to laugh because he puts my Gabby to shame with the amount of stuff he gets into, he got in her office and started destroying a fake tree, then we heard a little crash while she was feeding the baby and went out into the kitchen to find he had knocked over the formula and walked through it leaving feet prints all over. lol He had to go outside and she brought in another, I can not for the life of me remember his name, it starts with a L though. He was super sweet, got on my shoulder after a bit and just happily played there with my hair and shirt. Then there was Busy, she was outside in the flight and is also a cutie pie. I would find it so hard to pick from if I was faced with that decision. The grey baby though, I would take home in a heartbeat. She stayed with me and even took her first full flight while I was there, and oh what a talker, since she is already sold she doesn't have a name but I called her Cathy, as in Chatty Cathy. She already says hello, I was shocked at that. I helped with the feeding and watering of the other birds and she has a system down pat, I guess you would have to with that many birds but she knows what each of them like to eat and what they don't like so each bowl is carefully made to match their wants. lol The baby that hatched Friday, she had to take to a wedding with her ( her daughters wedding) so she could feed it, she is so committed to these birds it puts a lump in my throat and makes me want to be a better parront!

We are on vacation next week and Pat is going to join me out there to see why I hate missing my Mondays out there!

I was eyeing a harlequin macaw which just arrived at our local bird store yesterday that was absolutely GORGEOUS and oh so sweet. I could give her beak kisses and everything! Never thought much about owning one until I laid eyes on her.

I can only imagine how excited you must be about bringing your sweet new baby home soon!

Edited by Greytness

Lol. As much as I would love to take one home with me, I already have 8 and 2 of them are blue and gold macaws, I am just a socializer so to speak so they are used to other people and help teach them how to play.

No new pictures cuz they were flying around too much, lol. But I gotta say they are all beautiful and sweet!

Not so crazy, I do have 3 flying cockatoos and now 3 flying greys ( Cotay is just starting to test her wings) and they are all out at the same time. Sometimes I ask myself why though, lol When they do their startled flight and all six are flying around I never know which way to run to get out of their way!!

I only have three and I had a flight situation last night.

My Grey ended up chasing my Jardines, my Jardines used his well-practiced evasive maneuvers around an orbit and faked a landing on the sink. Meanwhile my Caique buzzed (Caiques buzz, they don't fly) through the living room and crash landed in the dark foyer where my wife has a ton of crap piled. Took me a while to find him as he won't say a peep when I'm looking for him. For about 20 seconds I had birds going everywhere - chaos.

It must have been in the air last night or something. My son had accidentally kicked their toy box which got both duskies startled into flight, which then frightened the daylights out of Skittles, my pineapple GCC, followed by Harley, my zon. Maalik hadn't been let out of his cage yet. Once the dust had settled, I opened Maalik's cage for him to come out, but he wouldn't, which was a first for him. Took him 30 minutes to venture out of his cage after everyone's frantic flight around the room.

You're right, Sterling. It was 20 seconds of pure chaos!

Oh my it was Monday. Hubby got to go with me to play with them and we spent hours there before we knew it. There were just a few to play with and that was Greybee (still no name as the person who has purchased her was to discuss with her kids. She better hurry cuz this bird is talking away and I just called him Greybee the whole time lol) Sugar Ray or RayRay and Lamar. We did visit with Ozzy and Bizzy (Bizzy has a new name from her new parront but I can not recall it) I think all but 2 have been adopted now but there are still babies coming. One blue throat and she thinks there are 3 red front eggs (maybe 4). The baby who was just hatched last time doubled in size but still so tiny. Sorry, with these guys all being into stuff neither of us could get pictures.

As far as having multiple birds and how to deal with it, I am not sure how we do it, drink a lot??? LOL I was offered a military macaw last night for 500.00 with cage. I just don't think we can right now, there is no room at the inn. In the heart yes, but not the home. ( she also has a scarlet macaw she wants to sell for 150.00 plust the cage price but not sure what it is) This is Little Girl who was the one housed with Oliver and is just as naked. I am just sick this lady has decided she doesn't want birds after all. The military is less than a year old. sad sad sad.

Edited by murfchck
I put the wrong name in for Lamar

Us too. Her and oliver had to be separated or I would take her in in a heartbeat. She will be hard to rehome but I will try my hardest. She is very smart and just deserves to be loved for who she is. Her name is Mary Ann but since that was a name of her husband's old girlfriend they just called her little girl and yes I do think that she is unstable.

We are all entitled to our own opinions we just are not always privy to all the facts and make judgements on the information available. I try to think about how these situations occur and work from there before offering my 2c. Poor Little Girl she needs someone like Gil girls Mom to take her in and help her heal.