NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Pictures of Lovebirds

Dave007

We had a pair of lovebirds in the store. Not for sale. They were pets of the owner. I had to ask her to take them home. There was something about their screech that went straight to my brain and set off a migraine. If I went in to the store with a headache - well, it wasn't good. I don't know if it was the pitch, the volume, what it was, but I do know that lovebirds, no matter how pretty, will never be a part of my pending MBS.

We had a pair of lovebirds in the store. Not for sale. They were pets of the owner. I had to ask her to take them home. There was something about their screech that went straight to my brain and set off a migraine. If I went in to the store with a headache - well, it wasn't good. I don't know if it was the pitch, the volume, what it was, but I do know that lovebirds, no matter how pretty, will never be a part of my pending MBS.

You're right. They all have a very high piercing shrilling sound. Their sound is even worse if a person only has one in the home. Lots of people can't take it and if you have migraines, hmmm, there's nothing more to say

• 2 months later...

We had this guy for a year +. When the greys and macaws came along we were advised not to keep them together as they carry something the parrots could catch. My niece loved him so while she was here after school she would work with him until we felt they were comfortable together then she took him home. Too bad Bongo learned that scream he did! Lol

IMAG0099.jpg

Awe! I was never into small birds, then I got one. Lol his noise didn't bother me, but as murfchk said my vet told me not to have them in the same house with my baby stormy... I miss that little bird! He had so much character, but I wouldn't chance stormy getting sick for anything... I was wondering if cockateils carry the same diseases or if its just love birds and parakeets... anyone know? Theyre my favorite small bird...

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I remember my love birds to all those pictures,my love birds dies for some reason and i don't know why and i just realize the important of vets.In Helsinki Finland my friend always told me to go in vets at http://www.jar-vet.fi/ when i know that my pet is something bad happening into them instead on feeding and asking for some alternative solution.

• 1 month later...

I have lovebirds and they aren't as loud as some of you think. Maybe it's because I've had them my whole life and the sound that they do make, I'm used to it? Idk what it could be. I have mostly Lutino and 1 regular peach face that I would take everywhere with me. They really are funny little birds. The ones I have like to snuggle in my shirt. They aren't so fond of Ruby, my african grey. She gets along with the peach face though.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 5 years later...

We used to have lovebirds... Many years ago. I couldn't really remember much because I was really young back then but one of the pair died, and my brother just told me the other will die soon as well because the partner died. I was horrified, lol. It's nice looking at these photos (even if these are old), kind of makes me nostalgic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2019 at 1:22 AM, Greytness said:

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Dave 007. I certainly miss his incredible posts. For those of you who are new here, he left this world a few years back, but his noteworthy teachings live on right here on Grey Forums.

Yes he is sorely missed and maybe by me more than any other individual on this forum, he truly was a blessing to those in need of greyt advice here and a true personal friend, I'm so glad he made all those stickys that we can refer back to when needed.

• Like 3