NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show us your amazon!!!!

Luvparrots

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is missing a toe nail. It looks like he lost the end of his toe, but it appears to be many years old. It doesn't appear to affect him, so I am not too worried about it. What is your opinion? I know that animals adapt to nearly anything. That is why it really doesn't worry me.

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

:)Thank you, the true experts are you and all the great members of this Forum. Each of you contribute immensely to the health and happiness of our companions...

You are correct, these animals are amazing, Joe, has a broken 1st toe at the 1st joint, Loki, has a missing toe at the 1st joint and the next toe at the 2nd joint and is missing a eye, Tango is missing the tip of her tongue, these fids are all rescues, happened before we got them....They get along better than I do with a bruised knuckle....LOL:D

we have one Yellow Crowned Amazon named Rocky , thats my boy even though hubby says Rocky is his bird , Rocky loves people and will step up and go to anyone , he loves food , lots of wood toys and he definitly loves to talk and trys to sing lol he sings I love you la la la everyday and now we are working on Jingle Bells for the holidays , hubby taught him to do the evil laugh and then he asks are you evil? he is definitly a character , class clown would fit him perfectly :) Rocky is 15 months old and heres some pics of him

100_0689.jpg

Rocky_chewed_Foot.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My figaro -yellow head amazon I adopted from a friends daughter geez I think 6 years now. I was relucant as I had my african grey at the time and he was wonderful. Fig talks, sings, counts 1-5,5,4,3,2,1, when we got him. He doesnt want to be held at all. He lets me scratch his head and lets my daughters. Not my husband. He does not like him at all, always leaning forward to get him so we are always careful. He plays on our rope sometimes but mostly likes to just knock around his toys or rip paper. He does most of his singing,counting when the music is on and we are not in the same room with him. In the last 6 years he says hello everytime the phone or cell phone rings. He laughs just like me it is hysterical and coughs like my husband. He truly is great. Never ever screams. Very loud yells Tam, Tam,Tam until I come in the room to him. This is his first moms name and he thinks it is mine! He just loves his spray baths! Talks,laughs makes all kinds of noises. I constant am trying to do the step up command with him just has not worked. I can tell he wants to be with me but just has not happened yet. I truly enjoy Fig, he makes me laugh all the time. When he yells Tam,Tam,Tam continually I can block him out when I am doing things but noone else can so he is spoiled I break down and go get his stand and move him to the room we are in. Spoiled for sure. He loves all food,vegetables, bread, pizza,beans, just about everything. Ok, maybe I should get another instead of the grey! Truly he is amazing!

luvparrots - Fig doesnt really come down off his play stands or cage, maybe a few times a month that is all. He does come in and out when I let him which is always. I won't give up, I sit on floor in room and keep tryng. He walks down to bottom of cage and leans over but won't walk over to me. Maybe someday but I am content just the way he is. Also, when he is lovable he sticks his tongue out on the side of his mouth then I know for sure I can touch him, scratch his head and he says Yah Yah, then I know for sure he wants scratches. so funny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is my baby, only been with me for about what now 2 months maybe, she is the love of my life. The spark is back in my smile and eyes.

My world just cannot revolve without having an amazon in the house.

Believe me i tried for almost 3 years and it was awful, lol

So happy to have her. She is an old lady but age does not matter and also a little on the wide side.

Love there appetites .

2014-03-03 17.44.55.jpg

• 3 months later...