NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show us your amazon!!!!

Luvparrots

I am really curious about all the different species of Amazons we have. So I decided to start this Amazon Thread in hopes that everyone will post a picture and/or video of their special amazon(s) and tell us a little about his/her personality.

Here is my girl Sadie.  She is a re-homed 20 year-old Lilac Headed Amazon.

IMG_0197.jpg.02068d0d24d69ea5460f2423150be754.jpg

I hope others will add their amazon(s) to this thread. I would love to meet all our little clowns!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My zons name is Cricket and she is a bluefronted amazon and is about 15 years old. She is also a rehome and we have had her 2 years and one and one half months.

She is a very sweet girl, and very gentel. but she did not come that way. She came with many issues but !!! she did a very quick turn around. She only will say 3 or 4 words and will make toothpicks out of her wood toys. She does not play much but she loves to sit on my shoulder for hours and get head and chin rubs and just relax and be with us.

She travels very well and goes every place with us (never left at home).

As a amazon she does not fit the mold of a zon and is very loveing.(but that`s not the way she came to us).

When we were first asked to take her we said no because of her past of being nasty (we almost lost out on her) But we took her.

523.jpg

510.jpg

541.jpg

370.jpg

217.jpg

It's hard to get a picture of just Amy because whenever I'm home he wants to hang out on my shoulder and has a tantrum if I don't let him.

xCGGh.jpg

He really, really loves women and at Thanksgiving last year hung out with my cousin almost the whole time.

He also hates flying, loves to climb, and will walk over to me to hitch a ride around the apartment. I wish I could get a picture of his wings. I'll see if I can't catch him doing a wing stretch. His flight feathers are black and deep, dark blue.

My zon does not fly much eather it`s like hay taxi stop now. She will walk and climb all over the place,but when it comes to flying it`s to much work just take me there.

She is also a shoulder bird and would stay there all day if you let her.

Here's Chili Pepper. Chili is a male Double Yellow Head and is 9 months. He is such a happy little guy. Very easy going and playful. He doesn't bash around his toys like my CAG does but he is curious about any toy I put in his cage and will keep himself entertained for hours. He is just now beginning to talk. Wants nothing more than to hang out with his human flock.

chili on atom 1 28 2011.jpg

Chili telephone 1 30 2011.jpg

Chili telephone 2 1 30 2011.jpg

Edited by fidsandfrats

Here's my Captain! He's a Panama Amazon - hoping to get some video of him showering - one of his favorite acitivites. He also loves to sing when music is playing.

IMAG0009.jpg

DSC09068.jpg

Morgan is quick to talk, mostly shibberish, but he clearly says "hello morgan"

Robin

Here's my Captain! He's a Panama Amazon - hoping to get some video of him showering - one of his favorite acitivites. He also loves to sing when music is playing.

IMAG0009.jpg

DSC09068.jpg

Morgan is quick to talk, mostly shibberish, but he clearly says "hello morgan"

Robin

Hi rbpittman. Beautiful bird. I am amazaded how much he looks like my double yellow head Chili Pepper. Is the Panama and the DYH the same species? If not what will he look like as an adult.

Edited by fidsandfrats

• 6 months later...

The Panama Amazon, also known as the Panama Yellow-headed Amazon, (Amazona ochrocephala panamensis) is a subspecies of the Yellow-crowned Amazon, and is endemic to Panama (including the Pearl Islands and Coiba) and northwest Colombia.In aviculture, it is sometimes listed as a separate species.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Amazona_ochrocephala_panamensis_-captive-8a.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Yellow-crowned_Amazon_(Amazona_ochrocephala)_-Well_Place_Zoo-4c.jpg

Edited by luvparrots

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We have an orange tip called jasper.Good eater?depends what we are eating,swoosh,down to the shoulder and in goes the beak,no matter what it is,any time any where,and any one,which is funny to me but not so funny to the person who is having a mouth raid.lol.Jasper will always climb onto my shoulder,she will sit there while hoovering,cooking any thing.She is adorable,not sure our african grey jess will agree.haha.She loves the shower and just about anything,she is bomb proof.;)

jess and jasper 030.jpg

Edited by Stevie