NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Quitting smoking

Laurie

I quit for good last nov, cold turkey. I deal with the cravings everyday especially when when i get stressed. I made up my mind that I am stronger the the mental addiction and will not start again. I am done with it. I loved smoking but it is horrible for you and really really hard to quit.

what would piss me off is i would get half way to work and realize i forgot my badge or maybe forgot my wallet but i never forgot my smokes. its funny how the drug can make you remember to feed the addiction but not remember the important things like to put the work badge around your neck or put your wallet in your pocket or your last nights left overs for lunch... whats more important inhaling a bunch of poison or your job??? thats what i use to ask myself and as a smoker you know that its bad for you but its like the amex commercials, never leave home without it...

and honestly 6 bucks a pack per day is stupid money to be burning up.

I quit for good last nov, cold turkey. I deal with the cravings everyday especially when when i get stressed.

Good for you! The crappy news is that sometimes the cravings really never go away. I quit...let's see...about 15 years ago. I still tend to stand near smokers just to get a whiff. :)

Good for you! The crappy news is that sometimes the cravings really never go away. I quit...let's see...about 15 years ago. I still tend to stand near smokers just to get a whiff. :)

when my cravings get really strong i go outside to smell the smoke from the smokers and OMG IT STINKS!!! my cravings are then back to minimal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

My tips for you is to control your self and get some inspiration so you have an motivation.Quitting on smoking is really hard because of the fact that in every where you can see many people smoking and there is a possibility that they will ask you to smoke.

• 2 months later...

my father is a smoker i hate while he smokes once i added some chilli flakes to his cigrate and he gone mad after taking a puff untill then he trying to quit smoke and i bought hie e-cigrate which is available in market now we are happy to see our father

• 6 years later...

6 years since the last post on this thread... I hope everyone who wanted to quit and posted here found success! A dear friend of mine has been wanting to quit as well, and it's been a constant struggle for her. Perhaps I could share with her some of your stories and tips. I hope you're all doing well!

• Like 1

I quit 14 years ago using the nicotine gum. I'm ashamed to say I'm still chewing, but the doc says whatever works! Different things work for different people, my middle son and his wife have been successful switching to vape. Vaping has it's own issues, but better than cigarettes according to most doctors. Some are successful with Chantix. I have to say, it was my hardest habit to break, and I've had some other bad ones. Good luck and God bless to anyone who knows the struggle is real!