NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Best Bird Toys Ever/Not to mention cheap!

In the last few years, I have taken to saving paper brochures and magazines and making them available to our CAG, Corey.  Corey bites and shreds the pages of these paper “toys”.  They are easy to replace and if she poops on them, I just tear off the page.   We let her stay on one of the counters in our kitchen so she can be with us [not the counters where we are preparing food] and I put these magazines/brochures on the flat surface there.  When she tears them up, I simply sweep up the paper pieces.  Also, I put them on top of her cage and fasten them there with 2” binder clips.  [See picture/you can only see a small section of one of the binder clips that fasten the brochures to the top bar of the cage] When she wants to be on top of her cage, I frequently find her just resting flat on the brochures or magazines [if she’s not tearing them up].  I have never seen Corey actually consuming any of this paper material so [at least for Corey] this seems perfectly safe.  Corey's Mom

TopCage.jpg

• Like 2

Timber is all about cardboard. I keep all my boxes, strip off all the tape and gummy stuff, and let him shred to his heart's content. That's his favorite thing to do. I have little luck with any other kind of "toy."

• Like 1

Parrots do love their chewing!  Anything!  Wood, card stock, newspaper, magazines and esp corrugated cardboard!  I figure it keeps their beaks in good shape, plus the joy in watching their staff clean it all up!

• Like 2