NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Time to decide.

I pushed this template as far as it can go. When I ran the update it crashed the site. As you can see there is a left over scar up top

I apologize for data loss , especially the parrot bite me addition. (Please repost it)

The designer of this template is gone, and I don't see her coming back.

I can try and find something similar, or revert to the default IPS default theme.

Any thoughts? Or just do it.

• Like 1

Well, I was able to salvage the gallery and get the update done with the default template. I'm paying the software, cant swing the extra modules.

The other modules, could not be salvaged as they wanted a ton of money to upgrade them.

Ill search for an up to date template that was similar to the other red one, and isn't too expensive.

For now, the site functions.

I also noted a bunch of folks that want to be validated, and I cant tell which ones are spammers and which are not.

If you want to revisit opening up for registration and police the spam, let me know.

I generally only validate the ones that send an email and ask to be let in.

• Like 1

Im trying to find a reasonably priced theme, I have no love of the default theme, but these guys are getting outrageous on the pricing. It is subscription based to boot.

I am going to take a stab at designing a theme. Ill keep it hidden while working on it.

If I can come up with something similar to what we had, and it looks decent, will give it a try.

• Like 2

My best shot at replicating the old theme, if you do not like it, go to the bottom of the page and click themes and then default. That will take you back to the software default theme.

This one is free because I edited the default theme. It will also update with future releases automatically.

If you have thoughts on color changes, let me know. It isn't set in stone, and can be altered fairly easily.

• Like 2

Looks good, thanks for all you do.

I think I said this previously, but I'm always happy to make a donation towards running costs. This forum is full of valuable information and has helped me many a time with solid advice and encouragement. Feels only right to give something back.

• Like 2

Now that I got rid of the template and module charges, the software is $70 a year. As far as the hosting goes, I own the servers, and they would run anyways.

If someone wants to contribute to the $70/Year, that's fine with me, but at this point it is no biggie.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect, thank you. Have just sent a small donation across. It's not much as things are a little tight this month but hopefully it helps with the costs a little.

That or you could use it to buy Sukei a toy! Your choice!🤣

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 1:17 PM, Luvparrots said:

Things certainly look different.  Stark.....

Well it costs $$$ to keep things updated ...We can't expect Kevin to continue to pay the big bucks since he is not the owner..that's why donations to him will help in all the costs he has spent here to keep us going.  If members can't afford it, that's fine, no worries, but encouragement or postive comments are better than.........

• Like 1