NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

question/help

birdsaregreat

hello to all i have seen this yaheetech cage on line it does not sound to bad just wandering if anyone has some thoughts on this cage seems like it has the same things as say a&e or kings cages just any thoughts on this if these are safe cages i do not want to purchase something that is not safe, thank you for any help on this

• Like 1

I'm partial to King's cages and don't have experience with the brand you listed. As Greytness said, you want to be sure it is powder coated. I've seen stuff about some cages from China having toxic materials in their powder coating, but hopefully that's been corrected. I tend to stick with brands I know.

I'm not familiar with this brand. Do you have a link or a picture you can share with us?

I have used liberta cages and Alfie's travel cage is a kings cage. I would buy a kings cage as his main cage but they don't do one big enough*. Alfie currently has a liberta enterprise cage as his main cage.

(* = they do plenty of cages which are "big enough" for an African Grey but I wanted the biggest cage I could get)

Edited by neoow
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, neoow said:

I'm not familiar with this brand. Do you have a link or a picture you can share with us?

I have used liberta cages and Alfie's travel cage is a kings cage. I would buy a kings cage as his main cage but they don't do one big enough*. Alfie currently has a liberta enterprise cage as his main cage.

(* = they do plenty of cages which are "big enough" for an African Grey but I wanted the biggest cage I could get)

How does the top close? My Vannah is proving to be quite the little engineer/escape artist. We need to get her a new cage and we were thinking about the 'sunroof' style (as we call it) but are worried about her safety...and that of the baseboards.

• Like 1

If by sunroof you mean it's in two halves that opens up (and can be propped open with a perch) then yes, it has one of those. However, I have some fairly heavy toys hanging from both sides so that Alfie can't push it open. He has tried messing with the top of the cage but there is too much weight for it to go anywhere. Thankfully, he's not much of an escape artist!

• Like 1