NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Inspiring Room

Breezy2013

Stupid forum member alert: Um, what are foot toys?  Are they just simple smaller toys comfortably held in a grey foot? Are they loose items handed to a grey or toys hung on play gym?

Anyway, always impressed with anyone crafty for making things!  :)

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 2:34 PM, LNCAG said:

Stupid forum member alert: Um, what are foot toys?  Are they just simple smaller toys comfortably held in a grey foot? Are they loose items handed to a grey or toys hung on play gym?

Anyway, always impressed with anyone crafty for making things!  :)

Yes, foot toys are toy parts strung on  small lengths of bird safe rope or leather and tied that they hold and turn in their foot and chew.  Breezy loves them.

Edited by Breezy2013
  • Like 2

Interesting, learn something new everyday.  I guess I call some rope toys, some chew toys (esp with wood blocks or leather), some challenge toys (holds a nut/treat inside a 'cage' toy), etc..  Never been to a bird fair sadly, just seen the selection at pet store (and I've rehung new wooden blocks on older hanging 'chain' toys for him before). 

I guess I pictured a foot toy more like when I hand mine a popsicle stick or cardboard strip (foot sized hold-able) or even twisted paper he can hold and chew.  Although, mine usually wants to play 'pick up' with such loose toys (Um, he drops, I retrieve).  lol

Mine loves to grab the bell on hanging chew toys so he can immediately remove the clacker inside.  I usually ending up replacing the bells on new toys with older bells I've kept (if possible -- some toys are more easily modified than others).  Anyway, my older/stronger bells can still ring -- and gives him some challenge to try and remove their clackers. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LNCAG said:

I guess I pictured a foot toy more like when I hand mine a popsicle stick or cardboard strip (foot sized hold-able) or even twisted paper he can hold and chew.  Although, mine usually wants to play 'pick up' with such loose toys (Um, he drops, I retrieve).  lol

These are all foot toys! I think it covers anything that they can pick up and hold with their foot to chew/shred/throw etc etc. Alfie very rarely bothers holding toys with his foot. He prefers to fling them at me and watch me fetch them!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I made a Mini Cupcake Liner Puffball Toy with Vine Balls and Beads that is going into a box of toys I am donating to a Rescue.  I am almost ready to  send that box off, it is just about full.  My husband is helping me to make these.  Once I am done with  the donations I will make Breezy some toys.

balls.jpg

• Like 2