NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Conner the Conure

SRSeedBurners

Ever'birdy meet Conner the Conure.   He's approximately 11 weeks old.   Turquoise conure. 

He was not well taken care of the first 7 weeks of his life and came to us as a wild brat of a bird.   I have been working with him non-stop for 5 weeks and he's just about manageable now.  This little guy came to us with a bit of a club footy.  Two of his toes have been partially chewed off.  He's still learning to use his left foot to hold food.  He keeps trying with his damaged foot and can't hold anything.   Getting better at it.   

He has the cutest personality.  He's very spunky.  Gets in fights with himself and rolls around, has rolled off my lap a couple of times and caught flight just before bouncing off the floor.  He is a jibber-jabber.  Never seen a conure that babbles as much as this one.  I hope it turns into some talking down the road.  We'll see.

As mentioned, he was pretty wild when we got hold of him.  Does not like human hands at all but getting better.  He's still a baby so he's pretty malleable still, not set in his ways.  I recently went home to visit my parents for a week and he came along so that my wife didn't have to care for him 24/7.  This did wonders for gentling him down.   He was with me non-stop and had to get used to me being his only company.  He even went hiking in Pagosa Springs several times.  Getting better in his harness too.   He previously fought it non-stop.  Now it's a just a little fight to get it on and off then he's fine with it.  

I accidentally left my pak-o-bird carrier at the house while we traveled.   So I had to come up with something in the meantime.  Found this little cheap rabbit carrier ($11 at petco ) that he absolutely loves.   Not sure why he likes it so much because it's fairly enclosed.  Must make him feel safe.  He rolls around and plays in it a lot.

20190810_124129.thumb.jpg.7a93cc04cfd5f5d9de16a285e9c02083.jpg      20190810_124121.thumb.jpg.63734347813c215de5a629df8ce7e574.jpg

20190810_070840.thumb.jpg.2bce9674020ea1cb38a8e29a76fe5c12.jpg

Edited by SRSeedBurners
  • Like 2

OMG!!!! He's absolutely adorable! Kudos to you for getting onboard with harness training him so early.

Conures are nippy by nature, but not that difficult to read.  My duskies are so full of personality, and I can  just imagine what your little guy's vivacious personality is like.

I think they all speak 'conure'. At least my duskies and pineapple do!

Congrats on being owned by another birb!

Edited by Greytness
  • Like 2