NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

But I don't LIKE the peels of food....

LNCAG

I always find it amusing, whether it's corn, grapes, sweet peas, apple, (even a raisin) etc. that my grey eats the insides and leaves the peels uneaten.  Now something 'whole' (like a scraped carrot) he will eat in its entirely.  But anything with any kind of peel gets opened, its inside scraped out and devoured, and the outside spat back out into his bowl.  (Obviously with melon and such, I remove the rind myself before offering to him). And I'd never expect him to eat orange peel anyway.   But c'mon -- peas? Corn? 

I wonder if the thinks certain veggies/fruit work the same way as seeds -- perhaps he thinks the peeling is like hull?  No idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alfie used to peel grapes but I think he's figured out that the skin is edible too. It was funny because he used to hold it and daintily peel the skin off before consuming the innards.

I've never known him to peel peas or corn though. Sounds kinda cute!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now I have to watch and see if my Snickers is also removing sunflower seed paper skins!  I actually only offer a tablespoon of seed a few times a week as a treat -- but mine does go for the sunflower seeds first!

(And I didn't know sunflower seeds had an additional paper skin either!!!)  Too funny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...