NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Video module question

KevinD

We’re I to invest in the video module for the software, would anyone use it?

This would allow even the average pc user to upload videos directly to the forum, no hassle,  drag and drop, upload straight from mobile device, one click.

I think this would add to everyone’s experience and give us an up with Facebook.

Video is the future of the internet, don’t believe me? Google “Is video the future of the internet”

I think it would gin up some interest, and maybe more participation.

Everyone loves showing off their feathered companions, an even more so, people love watching them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Meant to add- is there a way members could contribute towards any costs if they chose to?

This forum has been absolutely invaluable to me in the years I have been a member so I would happily contribute. I don't ever think it should be a mandatory thing and I probably wouldn't be able to donate much but if there are costs involved in making these kind of improvements (as I'm sure there are) then I would be willing to chip in as and when I am able to.

Heck, even if I could buy KevinD and Talon a beer (or drink of choice), I would- just for all their hard work! (and anyone else who works behind the scenes of course!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything seems to work except auto thumbnail creation and IOS mobile uploads.

Little more time, and after I get the configuration/format done, Ill do a short how too, it really is simple just have to do it once or twice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here are a list of all the features and once I figure out all the internal modules the full extent of the plugin.

There is a demo site the developer setup that shows what a fully configured setup can do.

One of the more interesting avenues I want to explore is the live stream portion.

Just like online gamers, you can live stream your buddies should you feel the need lol :)

This example obviously uses movie trailers, but you get the idea. 

Live demo: http://demo.ipsviet.com/video/

Features:

• 2 display modes: Grid view & List view.
  • Categories/subcategories.
  • Custom fields for video's informations. 
  • Protected custom fields that only display for logged members, or who liked the video.
  • Search videos by custom fields.
  • Video Collections: create/edit/remove the collections for your videos.
  • Widgets: top poster, top videos, random videos, featured videos in a slider, collections in a carousel, quick search by custom fields,...
  • Pages system: easy to create a new page with custom content.
  • Uploading or using external video url (supports: mp4, m4v, webm, flv, rmtp, youtube, vimeo, dailymotion).
  • Using VideoJS to play video formats: mp4, m4v, webm, flv. Support VTT captions, preroll video for advertising purpose *New*
  • Watermark on the video player.
  • Media Tags system to define your custom player embedded from any video services (YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion...).
  • Live Streams from Twitch.tv, Mixer.com, Youtube.com, and Smashcast.tv.
  • Friendly URL.
  • Comment system.
  • Rating system.
  • Following system.
  • Clubs (IPS 4.2.x) *New*
  • Reactions (IPS 4.2.x) *New*
  • Supports Nexus (Commerce) to sell and buy videos. *New*
  • Supports all Points systems. *New*
  • Lazyload  *New*
  • Tags.
  • Latest Videos RSS feed.
  • Like 1

Well, it seems stable enough, that bald eagle momma been running all day.

I did a test upload with android and pc, and I contacted the author, said no auto thumbnail, but I can run a sequence later to generate them, 

Go ahead and try it if you want, the only thing that might change is the formatting, the video will remain.

Oh and IOS is a no go because Chrome and Firefox won’t handle .mov, might be away around that, I’ll keep at it.

• Like 1

I'm still running into a few issues that need to be worked out. Biggest problem is when you use a customized skin, you run into all kinda flakey cache issues.

When I have hammered it to death, Ill put the how to together.

In the mean time you cant hurt anything if you want to mess with it.

• Like 2