NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Recently adopted a grey

Yes, don't beat yourself up. If you took a poll asking "How many grey owners have done something or used a method with their bird they later regretted" you'd probably get a 100% YES. They are very smart, and very complicated. A lot of progress is made in relationships through "hit and miss." Your bird is still talking and interacting, she is just adjusting. They are slow to adapt to new things (or most of them are). Quit worrying and just enjoy your relationship. As SR said, she will sense your distress.

• Like 1

Things are going better. We are doing head scratches again, and she has set with me a couple times. She has picked up some new phrases as well, it's funny cause she will look at me and say Dixie be a good girl. I have her cage in the living room where I am spending my recovery time. I just leave her door open and let her come and go as she pleases. When she wants attention she climbs down the side of her cage and I have made so she can get to my chair. She has set me with three times today, and has made a movement acouple times as if to bite, and I just slowly back my hand away and just say Dixie be a good girl. I really glad to have this time off it will help in so many ways. You all are great people and I'm thankful for your help. 

• Like 1