NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Death of Dave007

judygram

It is with great sadness that I must pass on the news of Dave's death yesterday. He passed away peacefully but had been in ill health lately. He was a major part of greyforums with his wealth of knowledge and will be sorely missed, we have lost a master contributor and a lot of us have lost a true friend. My condolences go to his family and may he rest in peace, goodbye Dave.

It is a great loss. Dave was instrumental in assisting many grey owners in caring for their greys properly. He has contributed many articles to this site.

Thanks for posting this Judy. I had just logged in to do the same. :)

- Dan

Edited by danmcq

His loss is a major blow for Grey owners, current and prospective, everywhere. He has left behind a wealth of information and his knowledge will continue to guide us all. Thoughts to his family and flock and friends everywhere.

I know he was met with a rush of parrot wings on the otherside!

I'm so upset to hear this. I don't know how many times I've referred a new member to a post Dave has written, or told someone to PM him with a problem. I'm sure his family and flock are shattered. Please let them know how sorry we are and how much he will be missed.

• Like 1

Good bye Dave. Thank you for everything you meant to a bigger even flock of birds than you could probably ever have imagined and coincidentally the bunch of strangers who love them.

Dave had such a voice, such a presence here. And of course he was such a character. It's hard to think anything but that he'd go on being his cantankerous self for many years to come.

This is so very very sad. He will be missed a lot. My condolences to his family & friends.

What terribly sad news!! Dave007 forgot more about birds and greys than many will ever even learn in a lifetime. He was a colorful and knowledgeable character who so generously shared his experience and knowledge. I just can't imagine this forum without him. My heart goes out to his family and to his flock, he will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the death of our friend and colleague. It was a big blow to know his sudden death.

We have lost a big piece of who we are , but we will always know who he was from his post and presence on this forum. R.I.P.

• Like 1

I am just reading this, after spending part of my day yesterday pouring over some of his posts for guidance with our new rescue, just as I did when we took Kya in a year ago. His presence will be sorely missed, but we are so fortunate to have the wealth of knowledge that he left behind here for us.

Such a sad and sobering loss.

• Like 1

It is stunning news I missed while I was offline. Dave was so helpful when our baby Juno was so sick. He described how to keep him warm and give him the best chance of survival while at the same time honestly assessing that it was a grave situation not likely to have a positive conclusion. After Juno died, while waiting for the necropsy report, Dave was reassuring that it was highly unlikely anything I had done was the cause of his illness and death. He was right. Just like he was right about everything else he posted. Thanksgiving will never be the same Dave. My sincere condolences to his family and flock, he will be a tough void to fill.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...I am still new here but from the time I joined, I could see clearly that Dave was one of the staples of this forum. I was shocked to see the title for this thread and read the news. I will pray for peace and comfort for his family and flock.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

When I started posting again, I was afraid to ask about Dave...I knew in my heart, though. When I first joined this Greyt Forum, there was Talon, Dave, Dan, Judy, and Luvparrots and a group of the most wonderful people that was the foundation and held together this great forum. They worked in unison and you knew who you had to go to to get the answers to the questions you asked. We have a new set of members now carrying on. Then there was Dave...This man was a "parrot whisperer", not just Greys but all the parrots. I was a thorn in his side but I respected this man then and now more than anyone in the world and what some of you may not know. when I needed personal verbal help, he talked to me. I wish he was here now so I could tell him again what an impact he made in my life. If I may, I would like to say a prayer now:

Lord, in your presence is a great man. His knowledge of your feathered children was always used to help them. He had wit and words that he used effectively to teach us. He reached out to all of us in one way or another and took care of his flock from birth to death. Please take care of this caring man, for he did care. I am sure he plays an important part across the "Rainbow Bridge". Amen.

Reverend Jay Sheppard

Edited by Jayd
Spelling
  • Like 3

Thank you Jayd ...Dave was a very good friend to me as well as irreplaceable  member here.  It’s still pains me every day to know he’s not here to lean on for advice and all the right answers.  

This thread also brings up bad memories for me...the hurt and sadness and grief was beyond words for me here, and shame on the member who personally chastised and attacked me repeatedly for not openly grieving here on a public forum.  😡

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Talon said:

This thread also brings up bad memories for me...the hurt and sadness and grief was beyond words for me here, and shame on the member who personally chastised and attacked me repeatedly for not openly grieving here on a public forum.  😡

,My sweet lady, I'm so sorry, I didn't Know. Each of us share our heart in a different way, some loudly, some close. How we grieve, we do to help ourselves to move on. Our friends and our comrades know our hearts...We don't always have to answer for those we know, know how we feel. Rev. Jayd

Edited by Jayd
  • Like 3

I miss Dave, Dr. Flock, with all my heart; but I know that he is watching over all our FIDS that have crossed over The Rainbow Bridge and that warms my heart and dries my tears until we meet again.....

200619_1009279027669_3191_n.jpg.c60b319fdef790b393cdfdead45d1152.jpg                                                                                       

hold my love lightly for I know that things with wings held tightly want to go.  JJM

• Like 2