NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Need to find good home for two African Grey Parrots

Cward53

I have two beautiful female african grey parrots that I must find a new home for. They are both delightful birds and have been my family for 18 years. I bought Gabby when she was a baby from a local breeder. She is a sweet and loveable bird and very quiet. Toby is a rescue and is more outgoing than Gabby. They are both very spoiled and I would like to find them a home where they can continue to be a part of a family and spoiled. I am in Colorado Springs CO and will not ship the birds. You must be able to transport them and their cages. I would prefer that the person who adopts them has experience with greys and is willing to cook for them (birdie bread, glop, ricenbeans).

If you are interested please contact me by email: caroleward@comcast.net

It's an incredibly difficulty decision for you to part with your companions. I would like to extend my appreciation to you for finding an experienced, dedicated home through our forum. I adopted my girl Gilbert over four years ago and have never regretted bringing her home. Best of luck to you, Gabby and Toby.

Please don't overlooking shipping. It's really not bad. Many of my birds and animals were shipped to me over the years and they all did great. It's simply a very small adventure in their lives that will lead them to their next wonderful forever home. Opens up many more opportunities for you to find them their next best new home.

It's an incredibly difficulty decision for you to part with your companions. I would like to extend my appreciation to you for finding an experienced, dedicated home through our forum. I adopted my girl Gilbert over four years ago and have never regretted bringing her home. Best of luck to you, Gabby and Toby.

Thank you. It has been an incredibly difficult decision.

You have had your girls a long time and are obviously caring and working to find a good solution. It would obviously be ideal to find someone close where you could have a home visit. Visits in your home would also help to make a smooth transition. If that doesn't seem promising, I would like to reassure you that the right home is out there. I made an 18 hour round trip to get Miss Gilbert and although Sara and I could not have the ideal scenario, it worked out well. If you have any prospects with a need to have some help with transport, please let us know. I can't make any promises, but we have a vast network of grey loving people here who may know someone or have resources to help. We also have a few dedicate rescues that may be able to help with guidelines of vetting out those with an interest in the novelty and those willing to invest time and energy to give your girls the best home. Best of luck to you.