NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Tucker

Amali

I picked Tucker up yesterday afternoon. He went right in the Pak O Bird, nibbled on treats on the way home, and the next thing I knew, he was grinding his beak and dozing off. :)

This is a crazy week for us - between visitations and funerals, I don't know if I'm coming or going. So Tucker was just allowed to adjust to his surroundings last night without everyone wanting to hold and cuddle him.

I will be home more tonight so it will be time to clip the razor sharp nails and get some more hands on time :)

photo (6).jpg

He is settling in - eating and getting around okay, but oddly enough - is a little more reserved than Amali was when I brought her home. Who'd have thought a Grey would be more outgoing than a 'too!? But I have no doubt that will change as he gets more comfortable with his surroundings.

What is Filbert's hatch date? Tucker was hatched March 30. He weighed in tonight at 244g ... A bit less than I anticipated but have asked the breeder for a baseline to compare it to. Amali is 290g yet she looks more petite than Tucker.

I am waiting for the hubby to come in for the evening so I can have him towel Tucker for a pedicure. Holy moly are his nails painful right now - he will step right up but boy does it hurt!

What is Filbert's hatch date? Tucker was hatched March 30. He weighed in tonight at 244g ... A bit less than I anticipated but have asked the breeder for a baseline to compare it to. Amali is 290g yet she looks more petite than Tucker.

Filbert's hatch date was March 15th. It took him a day to acclimate, and now it's like having a young toddler who was given mounds of sugar.. hehehehehhee

He's always on the go- I have to come up with loads to keep him busy. I sprinkle his veggies (very finely chopped) on a paper plate at the bottom of his cage and he eats a bit from there, but never veggies from a bowl.

Anything and everything is a toy- he's attacking a set of baby keys as I type.

Good luck today!

We got Tucker's nails clipped last night - holy moly was that an ordeal! He was fine with being toweled and then when the clipping started, he proceeded to scream non-stop. (And no, never cut too short - just enough to get the razor ends off.) Afterwards, he really seemed to like perching on my hubby's hand ... kind of funny to see him so relaxed on the least "bird" person in the house! My daughter told him that he may become the favored person, and he was adamant that he didn't want to be - LOL!

Tucker suddenly seemed to wake up just as I said it was birdie bed time ... Covered Amali and only partially covered Tucker (taking it slow to not stress him), and immediately Tucker started chattering to himself and playing with all his toys. Just like a kid :P

Tucker is gorgeous as I am partial to the rose breasteds, there was a time when I thought I wanted one and almost got one but luckily talked myself out of it, I will just enjoy yours so continue to keep us updated on his progress with pics of course.

Tucker sure will help brighten up your life. He is adorable. Glad to hear he is settling in and making the most of his homecoming. My husband is not the bird guy in his mind... but he is making progress. LOL. So happy to see how your little guy is quietly taking in the new home and finding his place. He looks so calm in his backpack. He is a beautiful boy.

My hubby is making progress as well :) Amali definitely favors me over anyone else in the house. She will, on occasion, let my 18 year old daughter give her skritches or get her out of her cage - but is more apt to do so if I'm not around or not home. My 8 year old daughter can give her skritches through the cage bars, but 8 year olds move so much that we limit it to that right now. At times, Amali will venture off a stand to go check out Saryn's (8 year old) toys or blanket or whatever she may have, but for the most part they peacefully co-exist. ;) The boys most often around the house (hubby and soon to be son in law), on the other hand, really know to just steer clear. Both have made attempts to befriend Amali, but she will get a sucker punch in every time. LOL It is so surprising to see her take an instant dislike to the males since her breeder/handfeeder was a man.

Tucker is a little slower to come around than Amali was, but we are starting to see him warming up. He's becoming a bit more vocal and likes to chitter chatter back and forth with us when we talk to him. He will step up every time - even from inside his cage which shows his comfort so that is nice. And boy oh boy - does he enjoy a bath. :D Yesterday he was prancing around the bottom of my garden tub, wings spread, crest up, just enjoying the mist from the sprayer. I wish I had it on video!

I have been having both birds out at the same time - on separate stands. I think Amali would actually consider being friends, but the first time she leaned toward him from my hand, Tucker started hissing at her. :o So we just let them continue to check each other out from a safe distance. We'll see what happens in time ... no rush ... this is all up to them.

photo (7).jpg

photo (8).jpg

photo (10).jpg

photo (9).jpg