NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sarge, my little grey IRN

Mama CJ

I just wanted to share a few photos of Sarge. He was hatched Feb. 6, 2012. I'm not sure if he's a male or female, but we refer to him as a male. He just seems to have that attitude, haha. We have several parrots but Sarge is our first baby. It's been fun watching him grow, change and discovery new things. He's pretty good at trying new foods although I have to say I was shocked at how he reacted the first time he even saw a piece of pizza. How did he know it would taste so good? haha, (i have a video of that)

Anyway, here are a few photos....thanks for looking!

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

• Haha 1

Oh, he is gorgeous, or beautiful as the case may be (LOL)!!! I love the color. Oh dear I may have to get me one of those!!!! I would love to see your video! Thank you for sharing this beauty with us!

MBS for sure..................

Thank you, he's a real sweety.

Here's the pizza video. I was coloring some blocks for bird toys and my son came in to get some cold pizza out of the fridge.

This one I had just made a batch of bird bread and he wanted a taste of baby food.

This is one of Sarge in the sink taking a bath. Then you hear some screaming and weird sounds in the background, that's Paco, one of my CAG's..

Thank you Kimijean, yes, I have it bad. Is there a cure?? Never mind, I like living with it!

Oh, I think he meant that for luvparrots....hahahaha

Your welcome Mama CJ. How many birds do you have? I have 8 right now but will be getting at least 2 more in the not to distant future. One may have already hatched. :o)

Kim

Thank you Kimijean, yes, I have it bad. Is there a cure?? Never mind, I like living with it!

Oh, I think he meant that for luvparrots....hahahaha

Kinda like, "Monkey see, monkey do", were all addicted...lol

Sarge ~ Male Green American Singer canary (1.5 yrs old)

BB ~ Female Rosie Bourke’s Parakeet (1 yr old)

Dinky Duck ~ Female European Yellow Parrotlet (5 months old)

Kazoo ~ Female Dusky Pionus (3 yrs old/adopted)

Sophie ~ Female Meyer’s Parrot (10 yrs old/adopted)

Goose ~ Female Creamino Indian Ringneck (5 months old)

Caboose ~ (sex not yet known) Turquoise Indian Ringneck (2 months old)

Xandir ~ Male African Grey (4 months old)

I had some pairs of Lineolated Parakeets but decided not to breed. So I traded them to a breeder. I got Xander in trade for 6 of them. And for the other 4 I just got a baby green male Parrotlet I'm hand feeding but a friend will purchase him from me. Then I'll be getting a baby American White male p'let, and a baby linnie (I want a dilute green), I'll be keeping them. I need to choose one more bird but most likely won't keep it.

Kim

• 1 month later...

Sarge is really cute, i loved the photos. I believe Sarge is a girl and not a boy, but it's a bit early to judge. Males will have black rings around the neck. I have never seen a grey IRN here in Dubai :) Wonderful.

What a little cutie pie and I love his color too, might be 2 years before you know if you have a male or not, I think it takes that long for the ring to appear unless you go with dna, oh boy, I will not get one, I will not get one, I will not get one, oh not convinced yet.

Sarge is really cute, i loved the photos. I believe Sarge is a girl and not a boy, but it's a bit early to judge. Males will have black rings around the neck. I have never seen a grey IRN here in Dubai :) Wonderful.[/quote

Sarge is still too young for a ring. He/she was just hatched in February of this year. If he's a male, I don't think he would get his ring for another year or so.