NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

African Grey wanted Sale/Adoption in NY area

Donshiv

Guys.... I am SO SORRY! That was my sister that had too much wine and got bit by Sophie! She came to visit me for a week when I was on vacation and must have responded when I had the site open. Sophie isn't going anywhere, is NOT up for adoption. WHEN and IF, I can't care for her, ( as I said to my sister), Ryan is taking her.I had a simple conversation with her about my concern that if Ollie ( my dog) had died after his surgery, Sophie wouldn't do well. The plan would be for Ryan to take her as he would be home more than me. ( that would be a sacrifice for me but in her best interest for happiness!).

I was confused by Dave's private e-mail... it didn't make any sense to me.

As Ollie is thriving after his surgery and has gained a pound, all is good! I apologize for my sister. I LOVE my girl, has been my best friend for over 15 years. Nancy

I'm not even going to mention it to her. I know she meant well. She worries ( without drinking wine), that I work too hard and spend an enormous amount of my time on my animals. I suspect she thought I would see a ton of people anxious to adopt her and would go that route. Thats not going to happen. Sophie has been with me for 15 years and is the youngest child in my opinion.

After reading this post and going to bed a little upset, Sophie knocked on my door to come in. ( she usually is like clock work and goes to bed at eight.) I let her in and got snuggles galore! By 9pm, she felt I was good and flew off to go to bed. I just love my girl and her sensitivity! Nancy

All is good. I apologize for you all getting into my family dynamics and drama!

Ollie is eating like a pig without teeth. He gets roast beef, pork roast, chicken, stew or pot roast, with potatoes, rice and peas on a weekly basis. He is gaining a ton of weight back and Sophie is back to telling him to " share". Sophie is back to grabbing his leash and trying to walk him which she always did. My sister only understood my " panic" of losing the final two of my animal kingdom that I wasn't ready to let go. Nancy