NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Debating - Don't lose your cool or friend

danmcq

If you read that in the context it was written. You will see it was an "example" of how disruptor's turn and twist statements in a debate.

There are other examples there too that may offend some if taken out of context.

See how it can illicit a response, even when it was not the intent or subject of this thread? ;-)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

I found this thread when I was bumping around today. Things have happened lately that made me appreciate it even more than I might have a week ago.

I just really thought there were some very good points here & I really thought it was worth the read.

Edited by birdhouse
  • Haha 1

I've seen it happen in emails and text messaging and message board. They typed word is so different than the spoken word because you don't get the advantage of facial expressions and voice inflections. It's always best to err on the side of "benefit of the doubt" or ask in a private message if you think that something is not quite right.

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread, since I am newer to the forum and quite enjoy reading older threads, and wanted to bring it back to life. I feel much better after reading it and am glad to know that I'm not the only one who has ever accidentally come off wrong in a post. Hopefully newer members, like me, that might not have seen it yet, will find it a good read. :)