NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

An Important Word About Respect

CeasarsDad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

*Bump* I just read this whole thread for the first time!! Though I have no idea what was going on back then, its a great thread!! Though it needed a bump!! I actually left another forum...well im taking a break from it, tonight for some very rude things that were said by another member!! Wouldnt want that to happen here!!! Though im sure it wont!!! I love it here and everybody has been sooooo nice!!! Good job with the respect issue everyone!!!

• 1 year later...

The ruckus was before my time too. But I wanted to say this is an excelent post. I just started on this forum and love it here. From what I've seen everyone here is very respectful and kind to one another. It's great. It's also great that people can feel like a family here. I have no problem asking any question I have because I know I will be treated with respect, no matter how dumb people think the question is. And that's great, there will always be the inexperienced, what better way for them to learn then by people with experience.

I think a big part of misunderstanding someones message in a post is also due to the fact that we cannot hear the tone of voice in the words which are typed.

So it's important that we type out our words in a way that is hard to misunderstand. Words written can have a way diferent tone than words spoken.

CD, GreYt post... I think you wrote out your message and its cleary understood and correct.

:)

Cristen

• 11 months later...

I, as a new member, want to tell you this message on "RESPECT" was very tactful and full of purpose. I also belong to a poodle forum and find the same situations happening at times. I avoid any situation by remembering the real purpose of a forum is to share and learn. As it was mentioned by someone - we have been linked together as a family by owning African Greys. I have read such interesting things, have learned so much and look forward to increased knowledge about these wonderful creatures.

• Haha 1

Guest jamalbirdbiz

ive ben on other bords b4 ware respect did not xist. we r diffrent here and thats why i likes it so much here. i gets lots of comfy warm feelings here that i dont gets on other bird bords. that is why i likes contribting here best.

• 1 year later...

I'm brand new. I'm still poking my way around. But I think that what you're saying is beautiful. "All I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten." Play nice. Love one another and remember, beyond all, we're all in this together! Why be a hater? Too much energy, I think. Let it go. We don't have to be as territorial as our birds can be...we don't have to hide behind our cage-drapes and call names because we feel unloved. We're humans, WE ARE the teachers, right? Greys don't come back to you after you give hate or negative reinforcement, and good people don't either. I may not know much, but I know love is better than anger or resentment.

Christopher

• 2 months later...
Dave007 hates me! I have tried to be nice. Doesn't work! He continues to attack me whenever he can. I really don't care anymore. Nancy

I don't really feel this is appropriate in this thread, nor is it appropriate to post this comment in the open forum. I am sorry you feel the way you do, but this is best handled in the private message system.