An Important Word About Respect

CeasarsDad

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danmcq wrote:

Richard,

What do you mean before I get my Feathers ruffled, you calling me a Chicken?

I was calling you a turkey. Get your facts right!

[Grin]

FairY wrote:

2. everybody simply has the right to his own opinion about everything and if no personal attacks are made it means a subject is being discussed and that person is executing his/her right to express his opinion about it.

I enjoy listening to other people's opinions and tastes. As long as we aren't trying to change anyone's opinion and/or take it personal that someone doesn't agree, we could have some pretty decent conversations. But it takes a lot of maturity to pull that off. (and, no, I'm not calling anyone immature)

No judy she is the daughter of a friend of mine who was in a serious car accident, she was in hospital for 6 weeks and her husband got killed, so I had to look after her, believe me I was in tears when she had to go back home.

All well put points that I hope we take to heart. The fact that this is even a necessary topic scares me regarding the state of humanity. If we cant get along on an internet forum the outlook on the world is quite bleak, where people have to interact face to face on a global level more and more.

That being said, I think we can do it!! We are all part of the solution. Open, honest, respectful discussions are key.<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2007/07/06 18:15

Richardsmommy wrote:

danmcq wrote:
Richard,

What do you mean before I get my Feathers ruffled, you calling me a Chicken?

I was calling you a turkey. Get your facts right!

[Grin]

Richardsmommy - LOL - I KNEW you were calling me something :silly:

I could not resist the opportunity to show how people can read a few lines, then fly off with a completely off-base view and reply. While at the same time, have some Tongue in Cheek fun while doing it :laugh:

Plus, it broke the previous tension I was feeling from the Flaming that resulted in this new post by the Admin (CD) and hoped it would get a few laughs out of others and release tension too :woohoo:

I agreed with your post 100 percent!

Dan.. and what a flame war it was.. Holy cow.. I never saw stuff like that before in any forum I have ever been in.. and I have been in lots..

The shame of it was that there was a 14 year old girl that got caught up in all that junk. I know she is affected by it.. :(

If someone needs to apologize to that 14 year old.. Let it be me.. I'm sorry Melissa.. and you know I mean that Kiddo... :(:(<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/07/06 19:22

Talon - I can not express my sorrow over that. It is such a shame, a moment on the Lips (writing in this case), forever in the Heart...OUCH:( Please express to Her that some of us adults still act like grade school children, which embarrasses the rest of us mature adults..

CD - Yes, it was! I have seen it twice before over the years on different Forums and it is terrible to see! Worse yet, unfortunately it affects all the users, as a few always leave over it :-(<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/06 19:41

Thank you Dan. You are right, I'm sure it's something she'll never forget. I only hope she learned a good lesson in all this, and realizes there are plenty of mature adults in the world. Like all of us here in this family. :)<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/07/06 19:59

I too am sorry she had to see that garbage but if she is anything like her mother she will forget about it and move on. I know Penny has raised a girl who realizes that some adults have never grown up and matured and she can see she is way above that even at the tender age of 14. I am sorry Melissa that you had to witness that barrage. May the rest of your life be blessed with the love of your good Mama.{Love-0002011E}

Guest briansmum

oh yes talon i'm so sorry melissa had to see that, she talks so grown up i forget how old she is and that she reads everything on here. i feel such a moron for getting roped in before.

melissa, i hope some of the things you have read will not stop you from making your contributions :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thursday, January 3, 2008

I believe it is time for a revival of this thread with some of the happenings that are going on here lately. I would like to see ALL members reread CeasarsDad's opening post at the beginning of this thread, it sums it up nicely and if everyone practices what he preaches then we will have no problems. This is all I ask and it means so much to all of us and all of you mean so much to me.

Judy, Thanks for bringing this back from the dead. I'm glad you still knew where it was. I will remember to keep all my posts from now on, incase I said something wrong in the past. I told you, you were a Cop, now I believe it. What is your badge number.

Joe