NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

An Important Word About Respect

CeasarsDad

Hi everyone.. You know, being here as an admin has been a very rewarding experience for me. I get to hang out with what I consider to be some of the best informed forum family members on the entire internet...and that would mean planet earth. It's no secret that Grey owners are a special breed. Not only do they love animals but they also have a passion for life few others ever experience..

Because we are so compassionate sometimes there are differences in opinions that get debated here on these pages. Differences are always gonna be there. I for one certainly love to see these debates and often you will see me get involved in many of them. Fairy, Talon and all our Moderators also love to debate. Debate is a good thing. Which brings me to the reason I write this to you..

Recently there have been many dabates that simply went over the line.. Now what I mean by "over the line" is that it got personal. When I see members naming other members as being "this or that" I have to draw the line between healthy debate and debate that is destructive to us as a family. We have come a long way as a group and I don't think we should personally attack one another FOR ANY REASON..

I think that if there are personal problems between members that problem needs to be worked out in our private message system. I will be happy to moderate any dispute with anyone.. and you know I will...

In closing I want to say this.. We all come here with a common purpose.. Our wonderful Greys.. We are also lucky that we have family members here that care about us.. I know I care about EVERY MEMBER HERE... So what I would like to say to you is RESPECT your fellow members. DON'T EVER use anyones name directly in a message that is part of a nasty exchange.. TAKE IT TO THE PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM... Look guys. I don't ask for much here.. but this I am asking for.. OK

CD<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/07/05 16:08

Edited by Talon
Updating

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You put that so eloquently CD, I couldn't have said it better, you wont have any problem out of me, I love it here and the people here are the best people I have met in my lifetime and believe you me I have had more lifetime than probably anybody here. That is one reason we have the pm system is to clear the air privately and not in the forum itself.

RESPECT, yes respect yourself and everyone here and we will have no problem. I know I feel priviledged to be here with all of you.

Thank you CD for this message, we needed to hear this at this point in time.

Cd, you're absolutely right as usual. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. Disputes should be handled via the pm system that is in place here.

We all want what is best for our greys, and there is always something new to learn, no matter how long you've owned birds. I believe that is why we are here.

The family that we have created, is a Wonderful Bonus! It is something that I am sure everyone wants to keep in tact.

CD, with all you do for this forum, you never ask for anything in return. So this one wish of yours NEEDS to be met by EVERYONE here.

I agree with Judy, we all needed to be reminded of what a great family we have here, and to respect everyone's differences.

Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/07/05 17:12<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/07/05 17:54

Guest briansmum

firstly.. congrats talon! well deserved! {Communicate-000200D5}

secondly.. brilliant post CD, excellently put and i agree completely. my appologies if i may have been dragged in and over stepped the mark.

Can I ask a favor for everone in here? Before you get your feathers ruffled over a post, please take time to slowly read the post a second time and perhaps take into consideration the poster's overall personality, if necessary.

I've seen a LOT of threads (not in here, but in other forums I've joined in the past) go haywire because someone misunderstood something in the post, misunderstood what whould have been voice fluctuations if spoken, misunderstood the meaning, or even the poster himself. So MANY times a heated fight could have been avoided if the reactor had slowly read the post, but by then, his comments were added, then others, etc. I'm always amazed how many subsequent posts are needed to clear it all up, but by then, the damage is done.

I'm even afraid to post THIS post, because I'm afraid it's going to be misunderstood. LOL!

You came in loud and clear, and you are so right, I know when I write a post I am saying to myself what I want to type and everyone knows you can take the same sentence and say it differently and it may mean something other than what you meant. Very sound advice and if everyone heeds this we should not have any more problems, thanks for making it understandable for all of us.

Richardsmommy,

That was a very nice post! You said it right, posts should be read carefully, and reread if necessary. Sometimes this tool of communication we have here on the internet gets misunderstood by reading, and interpreting, versus listening to the person speak in a face to face conversation.

Thank you Beccy for your congrats! :)

:)

Richard,

What do you mean before I get my Feathers ruffled, you calling me a Chicken? Also, I don't need to SLOW down to read something I completed, I have a Brain, duuuuaaaaahhhh!!

Just kidding :woohoo: I couldn't resist :P

It is an excellent post and should be heeded by all, including us mensa members ;)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/06 03:11

Richardsmommy wrote:

I'm even afraid to post THIS post, because I'm afraid it's going to be misunderstood. LOL!

Yes indeed Richardsmommy.. You are so so right.. and I hope we all take a breath when ever we reply. This is such an important point richardsmommy... One that needs to be taken seriously by EVERYONE here..

Remember, greys live long lives.. We could be with each other for a long time.. I like that..

B)

Well put everybody.

I have come to understand that loads of misunderstandings can be avoided by 2 things:

1. initiatively go out from the point that everybody means well. (and only if PROVEN he/he's out to be nasty react firmly)

2. everybody simply has the right to his own opinion about everything and if no personal attacks are made it means a subject is being discussed and that person is executing his/her right to express his opinion about it.

Just another thing, this is an international forum and all of us are not so fluent in english, so sometimes we say something the wrong way and not the way we actually meant to, so please be patient with us.