NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New to the site!

Just wanted to introduce ourselves. My 3 Quaker Parrots are Dora, Bing and Frank. Tequila is our 4 yr old TAG. She/he has not been DNA-ed. None of the fids have been actually. I am still not sure how I want to do it. Tequila has been with us just about a month now. She is just now beginning to open up with us. We have a very crazy household, and she is still getting accustomed to all of the craziness. We have 4 dogs as well. She is really great!! We love her!:cheer:

Andrea

Hi Andrea welcom come in pull up a perch and make yourself at home. We are one big happy Grey family here and I'm so glad you have decided to join us. I've often thought about getting a Quaker but I'm at my limit for birds I just adopted another Cag a baby this time so no more birds for this girl. I'd love to see some pictures of your birds when you get a chance and I'd also love to hear all about your newest addition and how things are going if you have any Questions don't hesitate to ask we have some very very knolegeable people here that can help. There is also a truckload of information on this forum to help you with ust about anything todo with Greys Theres a seach engine on the forum that will help you and if that doesn't work than just ask someone is always willing to help.

Hello Andrea and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Tequila.

So if you have only had Tequila for a month was she a rehomed or rescued grey? Do you know much about her background? Thats great that you could take her in and give her a home.

It does take a while for a grey especially one who has had at least one other home to settle in and feel comfortable but give her lots of time and she will come around, the important thing is not to rush her, let her set the pace.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them and ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We do love pictures here so if you have some of Tequila you would share with us we would love to see them.

Thank you everyone for the warm and fuzzy welcome!:)

My 3 Quakers were all hatched last summer. I did purchase them from a breeder. At the time I was not aware of the need for homes for unwanted birds. My Quakers were my first parrots. They are very cute, silly, and sometimes very loud!

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3826/fids.jpg[/img]

Frank, Dora, and Bing

I found Tequila on Craigslist. I had been seriously looking for about a month. The previous owner had her since she was a baby. She told me that Tequila was 4 yrs old, that she spoke English and Spanish. I think the poor girl needed the money desperately. She was not happy about giving her up.:( I promised to take great care of her. Previously on an all seed diet. Tequila is wonderful. Her disposition is awesome.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6302/yawning.jpg[/img]

Tequila

Sorry about the pics. I am trying again.

Thank you everyone for the warm and fuzzy welcome!

My 3 Quakers were all hatched last summer. I did purchase them from a breeder. At the time I was not aware of the need for homes for unwanted birds. My Quakers were my first parrots. They are very cute, silly, and sometimes very loud!

fidsresizeh.jpg

Frank, Dora, and Bing

I found Tequila on Craigslist. I had been seriously looking for about a month. The previous owner had her since she was a baby. She told me that Tequila was 4 yrs old, that she spoke English and Spanish. I think the poor girl needed the money desperately. She was not happy about giving her up. I promised to take great care of her. Previously on an all seed diet. Tequila is wonderful. Her disposition is awesome.

yawningresize.jpg

Tequila

Thats a cute picture of the three quakers and I bet they can be quite a trio when vocal time comes but they look so innocent sitting there.

Tequila is a good and healthy looking grey, I am sure her former owner loved her very much which only contributed to her disposition, you are very lucky to have found her.

Thanks for sharing those pics with us.