NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

For those whose birds are flighted.

Char

Ok, I understand the "Harness" rather than the true "Subject" of this thread has suddenly become a debate on "Who's First".

The reality is, in doing a patent search. I found the first patent on a flying harness was entered in 1974 and the description is very similar to ALL flying harnesses available now. The exception is it was heavier back then and patented as a "Quail Flying Harness".

If interested, the link to the patent is: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3783834.html

I respect Shalungs knowledge and expertise in making his own light weight harness and willingness to offer the design for "Free" with a request to donate to very good causes.

I also respect Steve Hartman's time and efforts into designing the Aviator harness for those whom wish to take their birds outside and fly them safely.

I will say, I do not trust my own talents in building one from scratch, even with the great instructions Shalung has provided. My worst nightmare would be to watch Dayo fly off into the sunset because of my faulty craftsmanship.

I appreciate everyone's input on this thread and would really like to get it back on track and just leave the thought that both the harnesses mentioned here are excellent!

Shanlung - Your blogs and photos are what first inspired me to ever consider taking my Grey outside and flying it on a harness. I continue to follow your blogs due to the inspiration and beauty they portray in each. :-)

I will say, I do recommend the Aviator to all that ask what harness to purchase and that it has nothing to do with monetary gain or robbing coffers.

I recommend because I believe it to be the best "Commercially" manufactured harness out there.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic