NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

How much should Alfie Weigh ????

daveyj

Just like us humans we vary in our bone structure and they do too, some weigh only 375grams and they can go to a little over 600grams so pretty much anything inbetween is normal.

What you want to do is weigh Alfie every day for a while to get his average then you can do it every week to see that he maintains that weight.

My CAG at 2 years is 403g, but when she was under a year she was around 385g. At 7 months the weight gain from the fledging stage would be over so a steady weight is a very good thing. As he gets older and fills out he'll put on a few more grams but I'm betting will never be a 500 grammer...unless he gets fat.;)

Read this ;)

http://www.africanature.com/Project%20Africa/wildgreys.htm

They all vary in size and 440 is well w/in the normal range for a CAG. Provided Alphie is not underweight (keel bone is one way to check), with low energy etc I would not worry a bit. Kip was right around 350 grams when we got her at 6 mo's and then increased to a very stable ~410 grams...she is on the smaller side, but totally normal and healthy! You can see her weight bounces around a bit based on several variables that can affect this (time of day, full crop, recently pooped or not...etc!)

3182802120_bc6210f3e0_o.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2009/01/09 18:10