NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey alone-time chattering...

mixtressariadne

A very merry and GREY Christmas to everyone!

Just thought I'd post a forum about the funniest/cutest/silliest thing your Grey does during their daytime chattering.

I find Zeus has his chattering times around noon and mid afternoon as well. He seems to practice funny sayings/words/noises but also meshes and blends them together to form weird little renditions.

What's your fave thing your Grey does during his/her alone-time chattering or daytime chattering?

:lol: :P

I love the fact that Ana Grey entertains herself without any problem. She hasn't learned to talk yet but when I leave the room she jabbers away, what she is saying is a mystery. The only sound she mimics well right now is a chihuahua. She loves to explore the playtop on her cage and walks from perch to perch around her cage. Her favorite toys are straws weaved together and paper rings.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA So yeah, as you can see, she likes to type too!!! :silly:

My favorite is when Kenzie laughs hysterically, by herself, for a good 15-20 minutes straight!! The other day we were in the basement cleaning up for the Christmas party, and she still had us laughing at her silly personality! Then she says "You're a crazy bird!" and continues to laugh! I'm definitely going to record this one day and post it on youtube!

Omg that sounds really cute, please take a video! :laugh:

I wish I had the $$$ to set up a nanny cam in the bird room to record Zeus when we go out and when we're busy/in the other room. I hear him practicing all his favourite things.

He sings and says the name of our IRN (Indian Ringneck), who is yellow. All you can hear is BUTTER BUTTER CUUUUUUUP! Over and over again. It's cute how they practice when they think you're not paying attention. I try and get him to say things on command but he rarely does.

Oh, here's a photo of him riding on the puppy. The puppy is kind of scared of him. zeusbella.jpg

zeusbella.jpg

My grey is still a baby about 5 months now so he cant really talk but i love how he mumbles things in the cutest baby voice the most obvious words are "hey" and "hello" he also mumbled "i love you!" which melted my heart he said it once otherwise its cute mumbles which i cant make out mostly while he is playing, in the morning, and strangely when am on the phone its like he does it to attract my attention, and last but not least when i put him back in his cage at night.

Its the cutest thing i will miss the baby talk when he grows up! At what age do they start astually talking?

That's really really cute. I love listening in on the chatterings.

I also think it's funny when Zeus has to go in his cage so the other birds get out-time. He pulls out all the stops and knows just what cute things to say.

And now he's taken to barking like the puppy and calling BELLA BELLA BELLA. The poor dog is 3 months old and doesn't get why this weird creature seems to be calling her name.

I need to take a video of this...

Nice thread, thank you for starting it Mixtress!

I love it when I'm in the other room and I hear Klaus going, "Stop it! Stop it, Klaus!".

Also, he makes the noise (and I mean it's like a Memorex recording) of the front door opening and closing. That usually gets someone coming down the hall to see who's here...LOL

Vaskur loves to play in his cage, usually I leave it open since we live in a small apartment and he is almost always in eye contact, so he plays a lot on the cage.

Many times he goes in to play with his hanging toys. He is very harsh with them but talks to them, saying in what I guess is an exaggerated version of my voice, really high, pitchy and sweet "come here, come here" and then he nails the toy making it fly through the air and then adds angrily in my boyfriends deep angry voice "No! Vaskur! No!" its hilarious. And then when we laugh at him for being so funny, he laughs with us, with the sweet exaggerated voice, sounding like an uptight old English lady drinking tea. :D he is so lovely!

He also loves to stay in the bathroom when we take a shower and has started to ask us and other people "Do you wanna go shower?" He also loves his candy and offers us candy all the time "Do you want candy"

These are his most favorite phrases these days. He rehearses them a lot in his alone time. The funniest part was when he combined those (of course in Icelandic so it completely clicked together there, I am only translating :) ) he said: "You wanna go shower and have a candy" Really cracked me up!

Charlie shouts Hello Cracker, come on, hurrry up, were are you.Cracker what you doin. Cracker the cockatiel is a little bemused by it all but gives back as good as he gets and shouts hello charlie charlie back, why he always shouts Charlies name twice I dont know but it is so funny.