NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Hawaii Blog

CeasarsDad

We had a "boat building" contest today. I actually shot the contest so I was pretty busy with company photos. I don't think you are gonna want to see.. But I do have 2 new one's you might be interested in.

Aloha from Hawaii... B)

D2X_0816.jpg

Here's another shot of those beautiful Flamingos..

D2X_0839.jpg

More later.. Until then.. I'll see ya..and thanks for reading this blog..

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy,

Those are real parrots.. Yes It is amazing how this guy works these birds.. In fact he has a Blue fronted Amazon there that is 52 years old.. That bird has been working this kind of job for 25 years.. Imagine that..

I have never seen Macaws so tame in my life.. and the cockatoos.. Oh my god.. Unbelievable. Like puppy dogs.

I guess if you had birds being handled by humans for 25 years they would be as tame as can be..

Anyway, Because I was at the company event doing photography for the "build a boat" contest I don't have any really good photos today... I will however show you the build a boat photos just for the hell of it...

It all starts with 2 sheets of cardboard and a bag of supplies.

D2X_0615.jpg

There are also refs involved so everyone plays by the rules..

D2X_0622.jpg

Everyone has a blueprint and has to cut out the cardboard to make an actual boat.

D2X_0653.jpg

D2X_0671.jpg

D2X_0676.jpg

Here you can see the hull starting to take shape

D2X_0683.jpg

D2X_0694.jpg

D2X_0695.jpg

D2X_0696.jpg

Once completed these 5 teams will race their boats. Winner get a all paid trip the Vegas for two so there is lots on the line..

D2X_0699.jpg

D2X_0703.jpg

I was surprised at just how good these boats worked..

D2X_0715.jpg

D2X_0716.jpg

D2X_0717.jpg

So there was a 2 man and 4 man race followed by a contest of how many people you could put in the boat until it sank..

D2X_0718.jpg

D2X_0719.jpg

D2X_0724.jpg

D2X_0725.jpg

D2X_0736.jpg

D2X_0746.jpg

D2X_0771.jpg

D2X_0790.jpg

And the winner was the Yellow team.. Their going to Vegas for free...

D2X_0708.jpg

So that's what I did today. It was fun to watch and shoot but I did get REALLY burned and I don't feel good right now. I'll see how it goes over the next couple of hours. I should start to feel better.. I think I just had too much sun.

Anyway, tomorrow we are going to Pearl Harbor.. I should have great shots for you there.. then it's on to Maui. I know I will have good stuff for you there..

Take care everyone..

CeasarsDad wrote:

Here's another shot of those beautiful Flamingos..

D2X_0839.jpg

More later.. Until then.. I'll see ya..and thanks for reading this blog..

Beautiful, exquisitely delicate. They're such beautiful birds and this photo really caught their elegancy B)

Thank you Talon. You are always so kind and sweet around here. Is it any wonder you have like 1000 positive karma's... Well, maybe not exactly 1000 but you get the picture.... :P

Speaking of pictures.. I was just checking a few on my flash card and I found these.. Enjoy sweetie...

These are a few shots of the resort I am at..

D2X_0892.jpg

D2X_0889.jpg

D2X_0884.jpg

Then you have that bird out early looking for breakfast. Notice the concentration... We all should have concentration like this.. Right Talon.. :P

D2X_0857.jpg

D2X_0882.jpg

Tonight I will be on the USS Missouri for another company event... I'll have great shots for you then.

See ya later..<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/05/21 20:25

Do you have to rub it in? Why don't you just say it: "Eat your heart out guys!!!"

That looks like a beautiful place to be staying.

As far as the concentration thing, ya, I could use some of that. Cute Joke! Your funny!!:laugh:

oooh the boat contest looks like fun!! We have something like that here at the ski place nearby. Toward the end of the skiing season they have a cardboard sled contest. You have to build a sled out of cardboard and race it down the mountain.

It looks so nice there!!!

Melissa

Talon wrote:

Do you have to rub it in? Why don't you just say it: "Eat your heart out guys!!!"

That looks like a beautiful place to be staying.

As far as the concentration thing, ya, I could use some of that. Cute Joke! Your funny!!:laugh:

Talon, No, I don't mean it that way.. :P Not at all, I think you know me better then that right? After all, we go back a long way don't we?

Regarding the concentration comment I made.. I didn't mean to suggest that you have problems concentrating.:P

:P But I can tell you that I certainly do.. B)

Stay tuned for more..

Guest Monique

Where do you work, CD? I have vowed I need to quit my job and join up somewhere where I get to go to Hawaii. Wow.

Hi Monique.. I actually have to distinct jobs.. The day job is for an international tool and equipment company where I am the technical sales rep for New York.. My second job, and the one I like the best is as a freelance photographer...

Hawaii is a awesome place so far.. Thats for sure.. I island I am on is a bit too commercial for my tastes but beautiful just the same...

No problem Judy.. I can understand where someone might think they were fake.. I couldn't believe just how tame these birds were.. The owner could do just about anything he wanted. In fact, even strangers like me were able to handle these birds with no problems what so ever.. I think it's important to understand that these birds have been doing this kind of show for in some cases 25 years... That's a long time..

At one point, as the owner had the birds purched on the customer.. ME and Anna.. He says "smile" and all the birds perk up and look at the camera..

Talk about the job of a lifetime.. How would you like sitting on a Hawaiian beach under a tent with a few birds.. collecting $20 a pop for photos... WOW..

I can do that... :P

I know, isn't that amazing.. I watched this guy work with a cheap camera and a few birds.. The people didn't stop coming..

He offers post card prints and other sized photos.. What I did is I told him to use my camera and that I didn't need the prints.. I wanted the digital file.. He said no problem.. After all it was better for him that he didn't have to print anything..

But by me having the digital file I can print whatever I want whenever I want.. Much better that way..

I wouldn't push you... You're my friend.. and if by chance we were playing and you somehow went over the rail. I would be right behind you to die with you..

I think Bon Jovi pretty much sums it up this way..

I'd live and i'd die for you

Steal the sun from the sky for you

Words can't say what a love can do

I'll be there for you

Understand?