NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my new bird (plz name her)

dareuk

hi there iv had my grey for a few months now but people that clipped my wings for me where saying that she was kinda small shes about 6/7 months old now ill try and post some pics so you can see you think she looks healthy also she gets hard bits stuck in her feathers at the side of her beak is this common? Picture_005.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: dareuk, at: 2007/03/27 20:15

Picture_005.jpg

Your's is a CAG, congo african grey, because she has red tail feathers. I don't think she looks small. Looks healthy and about the same size as my Tj. The vet is just giving an opinon really...I'd say she's fine.

For the record, CAG is Congo African Grey (as mentioned has red feathers, black beak). The TAG is Timneh African Grey and has maroon feathers and black and horn colored beak. The TAG is slightly smaller than the CAG. They tend to have darker feathers as well. Other than these physical characterstics, personality plus on both sides.

Welcome to the forum Dareuk, she looks very sweet :)

It might be that the bits that get stuck on the side of her beak present a small problem, but I'm not sure and if she eats and drinks regularly I wouldn't worry. Although, if you've never been to a vet with her, I do think you should go at least for a routine check-up in order to rule out everything.

A name? After a few months? So, how do you call her till now if you call her? :laugh:

well fairy i just call her baby girl when i wont her to come to me but i cant call her that lol well i wouldnt like to call her that so how do you guys cope with the pooping when your bird is out with you i just have a packet of baby wipes next to me the hole time any outher tips ?

• 5 months later...
Guest briansmum

you still have no name, she must be a year old now. you really need to think up a name.

how about Epiphany, it means a sudden moment of great realisation, i dont know about you but thats one of the things my grey gave me :P brian would have been Epiphany if he was a girl.. Eppy for short.

NAMES ( MALE & FEMALE )

Sunny--- Vergil ---Paco---- Floyd--- Skye ---- Poncho--- Taz --- Sparky --- Ozzie--- Buffy --- Roxy---Joey --Maxi ----Dusty ----Sammy---- Gumby ---- Cisco ----Paddy -----Romeo--- Buster---- Sunshine---- Scooter---- Moonshine ----Sugar---- Sweetie ---- Tazzy------ Petey---- Juan ----- Tiger -----Tweets ----Keiko---Cody---- Okie -----Rexxy----- Chipper -----Minnie ----- Bart----- Ricki ----Kiwi ----- Sunny -----Reba ----Tino----- Buddy---- Angel ------Yuska -------Zelda ----Tookie -----Harley ------ Buster -----Zoey -----Jax----- Ricky------ Princie ---- Mokie-----Coco -----Penny----- Molly ------ Peaches -----Candy -----Ozzy------ Bandit --

Oscar ------Tango------ Sweet Pea ------ Hogan ------Harry------ Sophie----- Rosa ----Robbie ----- Casper ----- Elvis ------ Chipper--- Sweet Pea -----Nibbles----- Sparky------Mickey----Suger ----- Dusty------ Rocky------ Belle