NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

contact with www.prettyparrot.com?

Patsy

Has anyone experienced any problems in dealing with the folks at prettyparrot.com? I'm very disgusted with them. I ordered a floor stand (and other items) and they are very beautiful and better than what I thought they would be.

My problem is that there is a small crack at the bottom of one of the sides (caused by them putting in a screw that was probably tightened too much). This is a screw that is put on by the 'factory', it isn't one that I screwed in. I'm concerned that over time, this will worsen and spread, causing the floor stand to break on one side and become unusable.

They will not even consider that they may have packed a piece that had a flaw in it. They have been very nasty and rude to work with. :angry: I finally got them to write a note that if it doesn't hold together for a year they would replace the part. However, they still insist that I dropped the part and cracked it.

They sent it out without any instructions on putting it together and when I called about that, jane the person who answered ranted about nothing going right -- people aren't getting their orders -- they are getting other items that different folks ordered, etc.

Their product is wonderful, but I don't think it's worth putting up with what they consider customer service. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same experience.

I really couldn't believe how rude they were. I actually had to go so far as to threaten to pull the MC charge if they didn't make a guarantee.

I know I'm from the south so I expect a bit more in customer service, but that was so far beneath my expectations - so what can you do?????:S

Wow Patsy. It sounds like that company has some very serious internal issues and the resulting agitation the employees are experiencing from it, is overflowing into the customer service area.

It is really sad when a customer service person takes out their anger on a customer and further describes internal issues. I personally would let that employee go, if I received a complaint from a customer describing what you have. Then I would start addressing the issues that employee described and resolve them.

Without happy customers, any business will soon experience sales drop-offs and ultimately close the doors if the damage by word of my mouth has spread significantly.

Based on your experience, I certainly will NOT purchase anything from pretty parrot. The stands are available somewhere else, that would hopefully believe in good customer service and the return of damaged goods.

"""They sent it out without any instructions on putting it together and when I called about that, jane the person who answered ranted about nothing going right -- people aren't getting their orders -- they are getting other items that different folks ordered, etc."""

Sounds like someone there at that company is screwing things up and that is not your fault. I have never dealt with this particular website but it is not the only one with problems by any means.:S

I appreciate your comments. I've never had to argue so much with a company before. I'm attaching (or at least attempting to attach) a picture of the crack. It isn't much now, but over time who knows what it would do. defect.jpg

defect.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi Patsy - I too had a horrible experience with these clowns. In retrospect it's kind of funny, though it wasn't at the time. It reads as follows: My last experience with this company was unpleasant. "Jane" (I don't know if she's the owner but she's the only who has ever answered the phone when I called) has an attitude problem in my opinion. I purchased 2 full-spectrum compact fluorescent bulbs from this site for what I've since found out is the unbelievably outrageous price of $55.88, including shipping. (I subsequently purchased the exact same bulbs elsewhere for a total of $28.96, including shipping -- and know for a fact that they are available elsewhere for much less if you're willing to buy in bulk.) The package was deposited on my front porch. When I went outside and saw it, there was no vendor name on it and it was completely covered in ants, as was my entire patio. I have had all sorts of food left on my patio over the years and never before had I ever seen anything like this. Furthermore, whatever was attracting the ants was inside the box, because when I eventually opened it, they were crawling on the wrapping and the bulbs themselves. It was truly disgusting. My immediate instinct was to spray the whole area with Raid, something I would not have done had I seen the vendor name on the box and realized what the product was. But having done so, I became concerned about the possibility of any residue of Raid that might be left on the bulb, and called my vet to ask if I should use them. I was told unequivocally "no", because if there was residue on the bulbs, if they were turned on and heated up they could release fumes that could kill my birds. But when I called "Jane" and described the problem to her, she actually suggested to me that ants are a "good source of protein" for birds, apparently finding it more appropriate for me to bring a thousand ants into my house and dump them in my Grey's cage rather than simply look to please a customer who had doing business with her in the past, didn't realize yet she was being ripped off, and would have continued to do business if she had been willing to replace the bulbs or give me my money back. She also didn't seem to understand the toxicity of Raid to parrots, and was essentially asking me to take the life of my birds in my hands rather than consider a refund or replacement. The thought never occurred to her. When I brought it up, she repeatedly claimed the whole thing was my "fault" and if I had called her she would have told me to simply brush the ants off (and feed them to my bird, I suppose). I told her I would contest the charge to my credit card, and she FINALLY decided to bring up the issue of a refund, by stating that "if you have any hope of a refund, I would suggest that you return the bulbs to at least prove that you have not broken them or in some way destroyed them by spraying them". What a witch. I wound up getting ONLY the cost of the product back, not the shipping, and had to pay to ship it back to her. I have retained all the correspondence to substantiate my claim, including her snotty comments and all. Don't bother with this vendor.

I went to the website to see what they were all about and noticed they don't list an "about us" or brick and mortar location but they are somewhere near us because my husband works in midtown Atlanta and they have the same area code in their phone number. The next time we have a bird fair, I will check the booth where I have seen these acrylic pieces and find out if all of them are unpleasant or if this is an employee issue. Something tells me this is something that comes from the top.

• 11 months later...

I have a website about parrots. I wanted to use a picture of the Red-Sided Eclectus'. It was a simple request and I couldn't find a link to Contact us. Which for a company of their size I was surprised so I called the number given. I spoke to a woman named Jane. If my assumption holds true she is the owner or in that capacity. I realize it was just use of her photo but she tore my head off for asking such a request. I said "Lady all I was asking was for the use of the photo." She was belligerent, her attitude was shocking for being a Southern company (there was NO Southern hospitality in her way of communicating). It is sad that many companies have customer service go out the window and the ol' mighty dollar take the forefront.

Whois info on this website, you can see it's owner, mail address, email address and phone:

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: PRETTYPARROT.COM

Created on: 26-Sep-01

Expires on: 26-Sep-15

Last Updated on: 20-Mar-12

Registrant:

Line/Design

1938 Fisher Trail

Atlanta, Georgia 30345

United States

Administrative Contact:

Kovac, Jane email.pgif?md5=bdd275447532726524597fa8fcdb454f&face=arial&size=9&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&face=arial&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent&format[]=transparent

Line/Design

1938 Fisher Trail

Atlanta, Georgia 30345

United States

+1.4043214488

• 1 month later...

Wow... i have recently been speaking with jane (i think she is the owner), i have been considering purchasing an eclectus from her. she seems very knowledgable about the electus. i was giving this some serious thought until i came across these posts. now have to give it more thought...she is asking a pretty hefty price (in my opinion). any other experiences/insight with/on this company would be appreciated. ty.

• 5 years later...

I did some searching, and this business appears to be a total scam. If you check cubib.com for Jane Kovac with the godaddy info you'll see that she is 105 years old lol. (https://cubib.com/find/jane-kovac.36605626.html)

Their website (they have 3 that I found so far that all link to the same site) says that they provide international shipping. No respectable breeder would ship internationally. It's probably illegal most places, and it would be prohibitively expensive even in the unlikely event that customs allowed it.

You also can't find any reviews anywhere on the internet about them. The only thing they have are testimonials on their site. HUGE red flag! Buyer beware!