NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Guess Male Or Female?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to guess female. The eyes look very round to me, and it's a myth I know, but they say females have more round shaped eyes and males more almond shaped. It will be interesting to see what it turns out to be!

Well I'm having trouble finding someone to dna Congo. Surprisingly there are not many vets in Miami who do it. The wife ordered a kit from the net where you cut the parrots nail(called the quick) and you let a couple of drops of blood soak onto the paper then send it in. But I don't want to hurt my bird! I think I found a vet who will do it professionaly for $150 in the next week or so.

Why don't you do a feather test? All you need to do is pluck 3 or 4 feathers from the chest area and send them off... it costs about £20. That would be a lot less traumatic, not to mention less expensive. Check avianbiotech.com

Well thanks for the replies you guys and i love Connies pics depicting male and female birds thanx! Anyway I DNA sexed Congo 7/26/08, last saturday. We will know for sure in about a week. Until then, the guy who DNA'd Congo said from his experience that it is most likely a female. I myself am guessing it is a male. :unsure: