NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

what can greys drink

Teresaryan

• 1 month later...

My Grey loves any warm food so naturally she loves warm tea--no milk..I don't think the occasional sip will hurt..

She even asks me for a cup of tea..As soon as she hears the kettle boil she starts to ask me for tea..:lol:

Sunshine..

(Hello all, I am from Canada)

As for milk, Bella loves lactose free milk - I'm lactose intolerant so we always have it here. She also enjoys caffeine free herb teas such as camomile (which has wonderful healing properties)

She loves ice water, as well as organic 100% fruit juices.

I'm lactose intolerant myself but I drink the Silk chocolate soy milk but I don't let Elmo drink it...no chocolate for him. I do let him get a sip of my Iced Tea but not all the time and not a lot at a time. I don't think he even drinks any of it though...it seems he likes to just "fling" liquids he gets out of cups.

Poppy, parrots are lactose intolerant as far I understand... so, I assumed if that is the issue, they can drink lactose free milk. Bella has been drinking it nearly every day for breakfast, loves it and has not shown any signs of discomfort or intolerance of it. I like it because it provides calcium and vitamin D for her - two things I understand greys are often deficient with.

Hi sunshine I'm a canadian girl also welcom to the nest pull up a perch and make yourself at home My bird have the ocational sip of my tea also just not to much and not to often My Tyco loves cranberry juice and cran apple also she get a little cup full with her eggs and toast twice a week.

Canadian_Girl.jpg

Guest Skuffy

Max gets Soya Milk (lactose free) on his oat meal..But most of all FRESH clean water....After he's had a good feed theres normally food bits in his water, so it gets changed.... Never give a Grey Tea or Coffee 100% No-No..I hang a full Fresh Mandarin Orange up for Max to suck on as he pleases....<br><br>Post edited by: Skuffy, at: 2008/06/21 00:10

BMustee wrote:

I'm lactose intolerant myself but I drink the Silk chocolate soy milk but I don't let Elmo drink it...no chocolate for him. I do let him get a sip of my Iced Tea but not all the time and not a lot at a time. I don't think he even drinks any of it though...it seems he likes to just "fling" liquids he gets out of cups.

same here, when im having my breakfast she will try to eat what ever i am eating. I read somewhere that if you are eating a more sugary breakfast cereal then give the bird more milk than cereal. But if you are eating something more healthy, give the bird more of the cereal and a little bit of milk. I normally save poppy about 2 table spoons of milk in the bottom of her bowl every day.